PDA

View Full Version : Color problem on c4050i,Help!

Custom Search

Noobies
01-25-2020, 11:23 AM
the image results are not good on the c4050i (c3350i),
at first the results are good, then a white line appears in the image,
and it happens on two machines that have just been installed,
has anyone ever installed the c4050i and got the same problem?

*sorry for bad english :(

GIUBOSS
01-27-2020, 08:27 AM
both in print and in copy? What checks did you perform?

GIUBOSS
01-27-2020, 08:33 AM
So you are a technician and have you installed as per the technical manual? Send us photos of the prints

Bix
01-28-2020, 08:06 AM
Hi, I have a C4050i with the same problem. I think it's a defective UI but at the moment, being that the customer doesn't print much in color, it doesn't happen often.

I did a test pattern of all colors. I have discovered that the magenta imaging unit drops toner onto the laser glass. so when I print in color, a light white line comes out. With the PH Windows cleaner you can clean but it happens that after a few days of use, the problem reoccurs.

jwai
01-28-2020, 04:14 PM
Hi, I have a C4050i with the same problem. I think it's a defective UI but at the moment, being that the customer doesn't print much in color, it doesn't happen often.

I did a test pattern of all colors. I have discovered that the magenta imaging unit drops toner onto the laser glass. so when I print in color, a light white line comes out. With the PH Windows cleaner you can clean but it happens that after a few days of use, the problem reoccurs.

So you report this issue to KM?

Bix
01-28-2020, 04:22 PM
If you prove that you have updated the firmware and the MFP is new, you can pass it under warranty

Phil B.
01-28-2020, 05:14 PM
So you report this issue to KM?

a competent tech would never go to KM with this simple problem.

LASER GLASS
check DEV unit and Image unit

still waiting on examples

OEM or crap 3rd party toner?

tsbservice
01-28-2020, 05:31 PM
As far as I understood they're talking about new machines. KM uses IU in this model and obviously some of these IUs are dumping almost from the install.
I would claim it also.

Custom Search