PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 454e Color - Tray 3 and 4 not connected

Custom Search

weskerbe
01-26-2020, 04:30 PM
Good morning all,

I just bought this nice second-hand machine at auction, and everything works perfectly except for the tray 3 and 4.

I see that they have already worked because there is wear in the passage of the machine. But curiously, they are not detected at all on the display screen. I only have tray 1, 2 and the copy pass.

Tray 3 and 4 are not even grayed out. It is as if they were manually disconnected.

I checked well behind the bins, and there is no paper clogging the connections.

Do you have an idea ? I am a pretty good handyman, and I am not afraid to dismantle the machine.

Thanks for your help !

copier tech
01-26-2020, 04:37 PM
Good morning all,

I just bought this nice second-hand machine at auction, and everything works perfectly except for the tray 3 and 4.

I see that they have already worked because there is wear in the passage of the machine. But curiously, they are not detected at all on the display screen. I only have tray 1, 2 and the copy pass.

Tray 3 and 4 are not even grayed out. It is as if they were manually disconnected.

I checked well behind the bins, and there is no paper clogging the connections.

Do you have an idea ? I am a pretty good handyman, and I am not afraid to dismantle the machine.

Thanks for your help !

Remove a small rectangle cover on the rear of the machine (one screw) & check that the PC-210 (tray 3&4) is actually connected.

This needs to be unplugged to lift the copier of the base when relocating the machine most likely they forgot to plug it back in!

blackcat4866
01-26-2020, 04:51 PM
Remove a small rectangle cover on the rear of the machine (one screw) & check that the PC-210 (tray 3&4) is actually connected.

This needs to be unplugged to lift the copier of the base when relocating the machine most likely they forgot to plug it back in!

Just be sure that the machine is OFF and unplugged when you make the connections.

Techs discover that if you accidentally disconnect a connector while the machine is live, no damage is usually done. The damage happens when the machine is still live, and you plug it back in.

You may discover that there is some reason to leave it unplugged. In that case it's just a stand that looks a lot like extra trays. =^..^=

weskerbe
01-26-2020, 05:20 PM
Thank you very much for your answer ! That was it, there were two disconnected plugs at the back. I do not know why, but since it is a bankruptcy machine, no one has thought of putting it back. This plate on the back of the machine was missing, and I did not think of looking at the ... Thank you again for your help!

Bix
02-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Just be sure that the machine is OFF and unplugged when you make the connections.

Techs discover that if you accidentally disconnect a connector while the machine is live, no damage is usually done. The damage happens when the machine is still live, and you plug it back in.

You may discover that there is some reason to leave it unplugged. In that case it's just a stand that looks a lot like extra trays. =^..^=

I have a pair of C364e which I bought second hand. I think someone connected the connector with the printer turned on. In fact it returns error if I connect any additional tray.
If I wanted to fix it, could it be MFPB or something else? The additional tray works in other MFPs.

blackcat4866
02-04-2020, 12:49 AM
I have a pair of C364e which I bought second hand. I think someone connected the connector with the printer turned on. In fact it returns error if I connect any additional tray.
If I wanted to fix it, could it be MFPB or something else? The additional tray works in other MFPs.

Probably, yes. =^..^=

copier tech
02-04-2020, 07:27 AM

What is the error when you connect an additional tray?

Bix
02-04-2020, 08:29 AM
What is the error when you connect an additional tray?

c-0206

By moving trays to other MFPs, it works.
Hence MFPB is likely.

Synaux
02-05-2020, 04:24 AM

So someone actually knew about this before reloating the machine? I have had many used (not new) machines deleivered and never knew about this! Given the OP says there was wear shoots my theory out the window...

Custom Search