PDA

View Full Version : C558 C3102

Custom Search

MVPunisher
01-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Went to a call this morning expecting to see paper wadded in fuser, however was not the case. I had a fuser on me, replaced and performed trouble reset. No luck.... I performed Load check and confirmed with a door switch that the drive gear is not turning. I do hear some motor movement. More of a slight rumble, not a normal motor turn sound. Gear not turning though.

I have replaced the fuser drive unit on the C554e a few times before. That was for CL8 failing, not for C3102.... That job is pain, just seeing if anyone has come across this before I tackle the job. If I am going that far in I am going to replace entire drive unit motor included.

Thanks....

Synthohol
01-27-2020, 08:50 PM
I have seen it where the finger type actuator that activates the fuser clutch drive system does not hit the lever correctly and it does not totally engage I have bent the lever down and it makes better contact that would be how I look though take off the little side cover and close the door and see if it really pushes that silver plate to activate the clutch unit good luck

Bombeata
01-28-2020, 04:53 PM
I literally just walked into one of these. Found this on konica website.

Basically, order the updated fuser assembly. I just swapped the 2 sensors on the fuser, bout to find out if that will work temporarily.

tsbservice
01-28-2020, 05:13 PM
OP already replaced Whole fuser.

MVPunisher
01-28-2020, 05:53 PM
Interestingly enough I get a call today C3102 on a 808. I'm like "here we go again". Same idea but completely different design of the fuser engage system.

Synthohol is definitely onto it. I made the boneheaded decision to not take that side cover off. I did not realize how much view you would have to the fuser drive that way.

Upon doing such, I noticed the lever on the door (808 it is not bendable it's just a little nub) was half engaging then sliding above the lever on the drive unit. Nothing appeared broken. The door itself was bent or the lever on fuser drive had too much up/down play to it. Either way my fix for now was to pad out the lever on the door. I'm not sure how my fix will hold with that heat but it engaged every time after that.

Now onto the C558 again. ... Lol....

Custom Search