PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 423 Tray 1 jam

Custom Search

gideon
01-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Paper is jamming before reaching the transport unit (feed out of the tray 1").
Tray 2 feeds fine.
New OEM rollers
New feed clutch
Adjust loop
Can't see anything wrong with guides etc
I have the manual

Any idea?
Thanks

allan
01-27-2020, 06:12 PM
If you replaced the feed unit with one from a 363 or 223 then you are missing the additional sensor used by the 423 that would be present on the unit.
The units without the reflective sensor will have yellow wiring and 3 unused pins on the connector.
The one for the 423 will have grey or purple wiring and all the pins on the connector are in use.

gideon
01-27-2020, 06:38 PM
If you replaced the feed unit with one from a 363 or 223 then you are missing the additional sensor used by the 423 that would be present on the unit.
The units without the reflective sensor will have yellow wiring and 3 unused pins on the connector.
The one for the 423 will have grey or purple wiring and all the pins on the connector are in use.

This tray is original on the copier, it worked fine before.

Synthohol
01-27-2020, 06:41 PM
Everything he just said plus scuff the shafts and clean out the one way black bearings.

tsbservice
01-27-2020, 07:20 PM
Two wise man spoken, this time my vote going with second :D

allan
01-27-2020, 07:55 PM
What is the jam code?

J-1101?
J-2002?
J-3003?

The meter count on the box?

Had it where the clutches can pull a paper coming from a lower tray but not if it needs to pull it from around a curve.

elmaligno
01-29-2020, 04:08 PM
Paper is jamming before reaching the transport unit (feed out of the tray 1").
Tray 2 feeds fine.
New OEM rollers
New feed clutch
Adjust loop
Can't see anything wrong with guides etc
I have the manual

Any idea?
Thanks

You have the problem at the registration roller. Problably you have J3003. This roller/clutch pulls the sheet by his own only when it is feeded from tray 1. For the other trays, the sheet is helped to rise up to the registration with the others vertical rollers.

gideon
01-29-2020, 07:13 PM
What is the jam code?

J-1101?
J-2002?
J-3003?

The meter count on the box?

Had it where the clutches can pull a paper coming from a lower tray but not if it needs to pull it from around a curve.

Jam is 11-01 copier has 325k
The gear clutches are lubed, paper leading edge is jamming about 1/4" pass the clear guide, it can be pull out with ease. There is no obstruction on the guide nor dent on the leading edge.
Thanks for your input.

copyman
01-29-2020, 07:32 PM
Ive had this before and killed me. Tray 2 feeds fine, tray 1 paper stops exact same place everytime.

Fix: Remove the transfer roller unit and when you put it back in make sure the clear guide is behind the reg rollers. I never do this but I'm 100% sure this is your problem.

gideon
01-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Ive had this before and killed me. Tray 2 feeds fine, tray 1 paper stops exact same place everytime.

Fix: Remove the transfer roller unit and when you put it back in make sure the clear guide is behind the reg rollers. I never do this but I'm 100% sure this is your problem.

I'll check it out, thanks.

copyman
01-31-2020, 12:03 AM
Just to be clear you remove the reg unit that has the transfer roller on it. I called it the transfer unit but in serv manual it's called reg unit.

allan
01-31-2020, 06:00 AM
Jam is 11-01 copier has 325k
The gear clutches are lubed, paper leading edge is jamming about 1/4" pass the clear guide, it can be pull out with ease. There is no obstruction on the guide nor dent on the leading edge.
Thanks for your input.

Lubrication! No do not lubricate anything on those assemblies.
How far doses the paper get fed?

Yea hate it if i get the callback that double sided jams every print. Now always make very sure the guide is in place.

gideon
02-04-2020, 04:50 PM
Thanks to you all.

Copyman you fixed it, it was the mylar edge got under the transfer roller unit.

copyman
02-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Thanks to you all.

Copyman you fixed it, it was the mylar edge got under the transfer roller unit.

Good to hear it worked. My 100% "sure it will fix guarantee" is still intact, ha-ha. I usually don't say that unless 100% sure.

Custom Search