PDA

View Full Version : C552 colour print issues

Custom Search

ECA
01-28-2020, 12:23 PM
Hi guys
ive got colour print issues. i tried to get a local tech out to me but they were useless when he turned up.

the colour dont align correctly. and it differs depending on which side of the page its on.

ive attached a test print for ref. 44741
as you can see the yellow and red are not aligned, but only at bottom of page.

also got yellow toner issue on one side of the page. again test print attached
some reason it only happens on the gradiant test print.???

ive replaced the yellow drum unit. but no go, still got problem.

some help please.

copyman
01-28-2020, 02:24 PM
Do you know what the tech did? Did he do the gradation adj, etc? It could be several things, Image units, transfer belt, etc. You may have to bite the bullet and call Konica Minolta and tell them to send an old time tech that knows that machine. There is a possibility Kon/Min may say they are not working on that old model anymore but worth a try.

Best of luck

ECA
01-28-2020, 02:38 PM
Do you know what the tech did? Did he do the gradation adj, etc? It could be several things, Image units, transfer belt, etc. You may have to bite the bullet and call Konica Minolta and tell them to send an old time tech that knows that machine. There is a possibility Kon/Min may say they are not working on that old model anymore but worth a try.

Best of luck

He didnt do much, just said to order a new yellow drum, cleaned some rollers. yet problems are still there same before he came.

ive been looking into the service mode, but little confused on how to do the adjustments.

how do you adjust the pattern to be inline, if its different across the page (one side ok, other side is out by miles)

albemero
01-28-2020, 02:50 PM
It can to be the Sincro Roller hat probleme to move. A little spayoil on the Bearings can helps.

ECA
01-28-2020, 03:15 PM
It can to be the Sincro Roller hat probleme to move. A little spayoil on the Bearings can helps.

where? you need to point this out to me.
ive got the field service manual.

whats with the yellow not working right on gradiant pattern, but ok on solid?

copyman
01-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Sorry but this isn't something easily explained to an end user. This is beyond what an end user should attempt. This is why I said you need to call in a "qualified" and hopefully trained tech on that older model.

It's your call but if you want to dig deeper into this keep in mind most of times I've seen customers attempt these adjustments it ends up costing way more $$$ than if they just found a tech in first place!

Why not post if a tech on this forum is in your area and could do the call?

jwai
01-28-2020, 04:12 PM
Try clean 2 color registration sensors?

copyman
01-28-2020, 05:33 PM
Try clean 2 color registration sensors?

Agree about the sensors but assumed the tech would of done this. If you follow instructions in service manual end user should be able to remove transfer belt and clean the 2 sensors. Again there are risks doing this, i.e. damaging transfer belt, etc. Not saying it's real difficult to do just when you don't do something all the time it makes it much harder with risks! After cleaning the sensors do gradation adj. It's in the service manual

emujo2
01-28-2020, 05:59 PM
Yellow isssues could be crap blocking the slit glass, registration issues...

1. Run Stabilzer
2. Run Gradation Adj
3. Run 8 color solid pattern
Replace related items for failures (PH, PCB, MFP board)

If this is an engine problem you need to perform
1. trail edge color adj
2. Color reg adjust
3. print head skew adj/reset
4. initialize and image stabilization again

If you get any codes during any of these steps you would trouble shoot by replacing the related component..As a fully trained tech, I would run from this problem..This machine is obsolete and parts are no longer available. E

allan
01-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Print a simple demo page and post that. The first page shows some concerning artifacts like the random magenta lines.
Yea would agree with the laser glass on the yellow could be covered with toner.

copier tech
01-28-2020, 09:25 PM
Hi guys
ive got colour print issues. i tried to get a local tech out to me but they were useless when he turned up.

the colour dont align correctly. and it differs depending on which side of the page its on.

ive attached a test print for ref. 44741
as you can see the yellow and red are not aligned, but only at bottom of page.

also got yellow toner issue on one side of the page. again test print attached
some reason it only happens on the gradiant test print.???

ive replaced the yellow drum unit. but no go, still got problem.

some help please.

I hope you didn't pay this tech sounds like he doesn't know this model at all.

Common issue on the C552 when the transfer unit is over life.

If you have cleaned the IDC sensors & printhead? (cleaning tool in tray 2) replace the transfer unit.

MVPunisher
01-29-2020, 12:19 AM
I've seen this issue more than once be the actuator underneath the fuser have a broken tip on it. You have to remove the fuser to see this. I've also seen transfer belt, imaging units, dirty idc sensors cause this as well. Only once I have had to replace an idc sensor.

ECA
01-29-2020, 10:45 AM
thanks for the replies guys

i have already taken this machine to part when i bought it years ago to get it up the 4 flights of stairs (it was so heavy)

anyway.
i have taken out the transfer belt before and cleaned it. and also replaced the fuser unit.

takes ages to find parts for this. yellow drum had to be bought from australia to uk recently.

im a tech guy, so can easily clean/remove etc. just didnt want to tweak settings that i dont know the effects.

i think the first thing is to find the sensors and anything broken. however can you please guide me to the locations, having a hard to finding in the field manual

link to field manual https://we.tl/t-LPMHdKD4dU

i find it strange that the yellow can do the solid page colour, but on the gradient colour is leaves gaps???

ECA
01-29-2020, 12:50 PM
ok, i have removed fuser, removed transfer belt
found the idc sensors under belt removed them

cleaned all

now the colour align correctly. must of been the IDC sensors

only problem is the yellow is still missing on the gradiant print 44758

ive tried to clean glass with the pokey tool (although its very tight to push in)

any way to get to the glass?? cant access it when drums are all out.

srvctec
01-29-2020, 02:51 PM
ok, i have removed fuser, removed transfer belt
found the idc sensors under belt removed them

cleaned all

now the colour align correctly. must of been the IDC sensors

only problem is the yellow is still missing on the gradiant print 44758

ive tried to clean glass with the pokey tool (although its very tight to push in)

any way to get to the glass?? cant access it when drums are all out.

Actually you can access the laser glass when the "drums" (actually IUs for the 3 colors on this machine) are out. With the Y IU out, run the cleaning wand into the proper place and watch from above to see it. I have a special tool (actually the charge corona cleaning rod from a EP2050) to apply pressure to the end of the cleaning wand to actually get the glass clean rather than relying on the super light weight of the end of the wand to do the cleaning. It's just a long small rod with rubber on the tip so as not to damage anything while using it in such a manner. I've even gone so far as to put on a brand new clean pad on the wand, put some methyl alcohol on it and then run it through, using my tool to apply a little pressure to really get the glass clean on stubborn dirt or film from a shop environment.

ECA
01-29-2020, 03:06 PM
Actually you can access the laser glass when the "drums" (actually IUs for the 3 colors on this machine) are out. With the Y IU out, run the cleaning wand into the proper place and watch from above to see it. I have a special tool (actually the charge corona cleaning rod from a EP2050) to apply pressure to the end of the cleaning wand to actually get the glass clean rather than relying on the super light weight of the end of the wand to do the cleaning. It's just a long small rod with rubber on the tip so as not to damage anything while using it in such a manner. I've even gone so far as to put on a brand new clean pad on the wand, put some methyl alcohol on it and then run it through, using my tool to apply a little pressure to really get the glass clean on stubborn dirt or film from a shop environment.

thanks, i'll try this.
the first cleaning pad came off the end and got stuck in the bloody slot. managed to fish it out after about a hour of swearing.

i'll try and push down on it. with something

is there no way of removing the glass? or getting further into the machine to clean it?

i also have the blue colour leaving ghost images on the next pages. how can i sort this out?

emujo2
01-29-2020, 03:58 PM
The absoute best way to clean the PH is to remove it from the machine..It can be accessed from the paper exit side..4 or 5 screws for the cover than another 6-8 screws removes the access port. 2 ribbon cables and a couple standard connectors, then 1 shoulder screw. Take it out and (in a very clean environment) remove the top cover..One thing you can do is pull the hex mirror and clean these surfaces as well. Over years they get a build up on the leading edges of each mirror. Those cleaning rods are great at removing small amounts of dust and toner, but these machines liked to drop developer as well..E

ECA
01-30-2020, 01:19 PM
The absoute best way to clean the PH is to remove it from the machine..It can be accessed from the paper exit side..4 or 5 screws for the cover than another 6-8 screws removes the access port. 2 ribbon cables and a couple standard connectors, then 1 shoulder screw. Take it out and (in a very clean environment) remove the top cover..One thing you can do is pull the hex mirror and clean these surfaces as well. Over years they get a build up on the leading edges of each mirror. Those cleaning rods are great at removing small amounts of dust and toner, but these machines liked to drop developer as well..E

Sounded like delicate surgery....
but i have done it.! was a lot of sticky mess on the glass. all good now. THANK YOU

I even went further into the machine and took out the exit rollers to clean them. that was harder work that the PH

Gave everything a good clean.

all printing fine now.

only small issue is blue is ghsoting across pages. i assume this is the blue drum?

Custom Search