PDA

View Full Version : C368

Custom Search

copyman
01-29-2020, 05:46 AM
I have a customer that buys off lease copiers from me and their IT people set them up. Until this last time they always bought C224e's and never any issues. I just sold them a C368 with only 20K on it and they say it prints and copies fine but cannot SMB scan. Like I said their IT people have setup maybe 20 of the C224's and never needed any assistance. Is there anything different from C224 with setting up SMB scanning on the C368? Not sure if it has anything to do with it but the C368 does have the wireless network option installed but copier is hard wired with Cat 5 and printing ok. If it could have anything to do with it I'll remove wireless card since machine is hard wired and not being used.

Figured I would ask here before paying my IT guy to go have a look. Haha I'm not trying to skate free after the sale but I low ball the price with this customer because they pick up machines and do the setup themselves.

Thanks in advance

Bix
01-29-2020, 08:07 AM
Hi copyman, it may be that the SMB scan goes wrong in the wireless network which is perhaps blocked on one side of the firewall. It would be useful to ping from the MFP to PCs or perform a reference scan to locate folders directly from the C368. Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C658-C558-C458-C368-C308-C258/EN/bizhub-c658-c558-c458-c368-c308-c258/contents/opkey_710_S.html?k=ping)

Descriptions of Functions / Utility Keys (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C658-C558-C458-C368-C308-C258/EN/bizhub-c658-c558-c458-c368-c308-c258/contents/opkey_275_S.html?k=reference%20smb)

copyman
01-29-2020, 11:33 PM
I had my Kon/Min IT guy stop by today and this is what he sent me:

Scans to top level share but when you try to scan to sub folder it says no folder found. Connect to server SMB but won’t browse through panel. Verified folder structure is correct

Hope this makes sense because I'm old school "repair" tech not IT and it's a different language to me:confused:

Thanks for any help. Since I just sold it hate to have to go through the hassle of swapping out machine, etc.

Synthohol
01-30-2020, 12:05 AM
ive seen that, add share permissions to the sub folder as well.
that usually works.

copyman
01-30-2020, 05:30 PM
Hi tried what was posted and still not working.

I went out today to update firmware. Brought 4 different USB sticks with the latest F/W. This was procedure in serv man, Hold down (red)stop while turning on with USB stick in port by control panel. None worked. All the USB jump drives were used with no problems in the "4" series models.

It did say in serv man if don't work something about going into admin mode (security settings) than next step was (USB connection permission setting) but that tab is missing? Spent over an hour looking in serv manual for admin security settings, enhanced serv mode, etc. Couldn't find anything to maybe unlock the admin mode so the tab shows up. Tried changing a lot of settings and when they didn't work put setting back where they were.

What am I missing besides a brain:confused:

Thanks

tsbservice
01-30-2020, 05:49 PM
Check that current FW version is reflected via right switch 25 setting.

Also try that with front door open.

REGSIS
01-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Is there anything different from C224 with setting up SMB scanning on the C368?

I'm not sure what is different, but YES it is different.
In C224e and Win 7 days I would share a folder give access to EVERYONE and it worked.

Since 7 and 8 series I need to do it with username and password inputed otherwise it won't work.

MFP:
Computer hostname
Shared folder
Username
Password

Win machine:
1. Network should be identified as PRIVATE (HOME or WORK)
If nework is PUBLIC scanned file could be blocked by firewall.
2. Network discovery, file and printer sharing, public folder sharing should be ON.
3. Password protected sharing ON. You can turn if OFF but with next windows update it will be ON very soon.

Search for "windows features" and enable SMB/CIFS 1.0 server and restart machine. Uncheck autoremoval option.

Check for installed internet security suite which usually has it own firewall which blocks outside access.

I usually don't set up password if users don't already have it. I create a new user (with password) and share a folder with him and the owner. On MFP I input newly created username and password.

So with username and password inputed and all above things checked it worked everytime.

Custom Search