PDA

View Full Version : C-3350i, unable to default to BLACK....

Custom Search

Oystercopy
01-30-2020, 01:42 AM
Hey guys.. been in touch with tech support and everything, but my understanding is that there is simply no way to DEFAULT the walk-up copy function to Black vs. Color. I have done all the usual things, set to black and do the User Settings, Copier Settings and Save Current Settings, but it always goes back to color... Any ideas? I was thinking that at least there'd be a SOFT SWITCH setting that might be able to be changed, maybe?
OC

Woxner
01-30-2020, 02:06 AM
you can do the old style of the screen to blk but not the new side. you can default the screen to come up as the old style

tsbservice
01-30-2020, 07:05 AM
you can do the old style of the screen to blk but not the new side. you can default the screen to come up as the old style
+1 on what Woxner said.

Bix
01-30-2020, 08:05 AM
Hi, the procedure is quite long compared to the previous MFP series but it is still possible.

1. Log in as an administrator within the Utilities.
2. Log in to "System".
3. Click on "Change authorization and on default values." and you set it to "ON".
4. Now if you access the "Copy" section, three dots have appeared at the top left. You set your printing preferences and then save.

tsbservice
01-30-2020, 08:31 AM
Hi, the procedure is quite long compared to the previous MFP series but it is still possible.

1. Log in as an administrator within the Utilities.
2. Log in to "System".
3. Click on "Change authorization and on default values." and you set it to "ON".
4. Now if you access the "Copy" section, three dots have appeared at the top left. You set your printing preferences and then save.

Oops, now I see it. I have to take my words back as I was under impression that it works ONLY for Classic style. Maybe they changed this from some FW version up.
It's under Change permissions for default value in System tab of Admin menu as Bix said.

Choclit007
02-13-2020, 09:07 PM
FYI
I just had an error message while trying to turn CHANGE PERMISSION FOR DEFAULT VALUE to ON.
Culpa Mea - I had an incorrect value for the function version in ssw25 - 20h instead of 10h for function version 2.0
As soon as I corrected ssw25 & checked, the change permission was on.

Custom Search