PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub C284e continues to restart

Custom Search

Bix
01-31-2020, 07:58 AM
Hello,

I will tell you my experience on a Bizhub C284e. Maybe it can be a suggestion for someone.

A week ago the MFP started to restart on its own. It was in standby mode but as soon as the customer tried to print, the C284e was frozen. After turning it off and on again, it kept restarting after less than 2 seconds, so the screen didn't load.

Here's what I tried:
1. I have successfully removed HDD.
2. I have removed all the options without success.
3. I have successfully replaced SSD.

The only one left is MFPB or some power problem. I replaced the MFPB and the C284e started working again.

So I also reassemble the options ... the problem returns! Excluding little by little, I discovered that in the end it was the Dual Scan card of the DF.

Out of personal curiosity, I assemble the previous MFPB again to check if it went without a dual scan card. But oddly enough, it was giving the same problem so something may have gone wrong.

So I put the MFPB back that worked and now it looks like the c284e is working.

I hope this can help. I have wasted an entire day on this printer

allan
01-31-2020, 04:19 PM
Ignore me not reading...

Was writing a whole post about a PSU causing the same issue until i realized it was not applicable to this ...

Bix
01-31-2020, 04:35 PM
Ignore me not reading...

??

copier tech
01-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Hello,

I will tell you my experience on a Bizhub C284e. Maybe it can be a suggestion for someone.

A week ago the MFP started to restart on its own. It was in standby mode but as soon as the customer tried to print, the C284e was frozen. After turning it off and on again, it kept restarting after less than 2 seconds, so the screen didn't load.

Here's what I tried:
1. I have successfully removed HDD.
2. I have removed all the options without success.
3. I have successfully replaced SSD.

The only one left is MFPB or some power problem. I replaced the MFPB and the C284e started working again.

So I also reassemble the options ... the problem returns! Excluding little by little, I discovered that in the end it was the Dual Scan card of the DF.

Out of personal curiosity, I assemble the previous MFPB again to check if it went without a dual scan card. But oddly enough, it was giving the same problem so something may have gone wrong.

So I put the MFPB back that worked and now it looks like the c284e is working.

I hope this can help. I have wasted an entire day on this printer

Interesting thanks.

Every time i've seen this continual reboot issue a NEW SSD resolved the issue.

tsbservice
01-31-2020, 05:50 PM
Rebooting is SSD usually. When you remove options did you remove the dual scan image processing board from the MFPB or just unplug ADF?
Last resort as always is MFPB, you may just got very unlucky.

blackcat4866
01-31-2020, 08:52 PM
Thanks for sharing.

I've seen the HDD or SSD cause the re-booting issue.

There's a thread about CDFA1's and a host of bizarre codes that came down to the dual scan DF board (plus some other things). I may have never resolved it, but I had a donor DF701 that I could steal parts from. I don't know how it happened but something pointy spiked right through the frame leaving a 25mm diameter hole.

bizhub 364e with C9403, CDFA1, C6753 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/98511-bizhub-364e-c9403-cdfa1-c6753.html)

=^..^=

Bix
02-03-2020, 07:45 AM
I also immediately thought of a new SSD. As soon as I replaced it, no positive results.

Obviously, before I removed all the options to be sure that the problem was not caused by some defective electronic board.

Once I have removed everything, I have replaced the MFPB card. I try the MFP without optional, finally the printer starts! Do I connect all the options and WTF ?! The problem has returned. Excluding optional after optional, I verified that it was the DF701 dual scan card.

Being very curious, I installed the old MFPB to make sure I checked it well. Nothing. Even without options, the problem reappears.

I don't know what could have caused the Dual Scan 701 card. Before this, no error code (not even a generic E-301, FA14 or any meaningless error). So in conclusion, new MFPB has solved the problem and for the moment, I have installed a single scan DF.

Custom Search