PDA

View Full Version : KM PagePro 4650EN

Custom Search

tsbservice
01-31-2020, 04:06 PM
Hi All. Printer in question have 2 problems - Polygon motor malfunction 0300 and paper jams at exit section. Print counter is 35k.
1. I replaced tray rollers with new.
2. As PH unit and PRCB are not to be found and new are way over the price of the printer, I striped machine every connector, open PH unit and cleaned poly mirror.
Now it works but still jams occasionally at exit. Sometimes it will print 30-40 sheets before jam, sometimes jams mightily every page.
When paper stops page is almost exited but last few millimeters are at exit rolls. I can pull paper by hand and feel that printers stops to rotate exit roller.
I have yet to study more manual to find out why there is no jam code but only jam message, it may be old model without jam codes though.
I already put into this machine like 3 hours effort and want some advice from people who dealt with this model more than me - it's my first one.

Toxic
01-31-2020, 09:25 PM
Did you notice little bit moved print position on paper? Registration problem?
I also dont have much expirience with that model but have same problem on some others similar models.
I dont know how it looks like specifically on that model but check everything regarding registration roller drive (clutch,solenoid,gear with torque spring inside).

PS:i have one 4650 at low counter and it collecting dust for a few years.
If you come somewhere to my direction i will donate it to you :)

tsbservice
02-01-2020, 08:19 PM
Thanks Toxic for your desire to help. I think registration is good but will double check it Monday.
Regards

copier addict
02-01-2020, 08:43 PM
I'm not familiar with this model, but is there a sensor at the exit? If so, it may be failing because of the heat from the fuser.

tsbservice
02-01-2020, 08:57 PM
I also have had problems in the past with failed exit sensors due to heat from fuser. I thinked down the same line as exit sensor here is actually in fuser.
Unfortunately have no spare fuser to test though.

Toxic
02-01-2020, 08:59 PM
By the book it could be sensor.
I just found TAEU1200093EN00 and it explains how to modify exit guide and sensor actuator to prevent jam.
Worth checking this also.

tsbservice
02-01-2020, 09:30 PM
I just found TAEU1200093EN00 and it explains how to modify exit guide and sensor actuator to prevent jam.

Well if you be so nice to share with me this EU article TAEU1200093EN00 :)

Toxic
02-02-2020, 01:45 AM
NP,will sent in PM.

tsbservice
02-03-2020, 08:43 AM

I nailed it, fingers crossed :D
Big Thanks Toxic!

Custom Search