PDA

View Full Version : C224e Apple AirPrint?

Custom Search

ebenezer
02-01-2020, 08:57 AM
I've read that Konica Minolta C224e supports Apple AirPrint, but I still did not find the details. The MFP is connected to LAN (ethernet). When AirPrint is turned on, does the MFP need additional WiFi adapter which is the same WLAN-subnet to which the Apple-device is connected?
Or does it work also over LAN, when it is the same subnet like WLAN?
But the protocol (Bonjour?) can not be routed, so when MFP and Apple-devices are in different VLANs, no chance?

copier addict
02-01-2020, 02:40 PM
I've read that Konica Minolta C224e supports Apple AirPrint, but I still did not find the details. The MFP is connected to LAN (ethernet). When AirPrint is turned on, does the MFP need additional WiFi adapter which is the same WLAN-subnet to which the Apple-device is connected?
But the protocol (Bonjour?) can not be routed, so when MFP and Apple-devices are in different VLANs, no chance?

Just plug in the Ethernet cable, configure network in admin mode,turn on airprint in admin mode and allow phone to find printer. You also have to make sure function version is set to at least function version 7 in your software switch.

copier tech
02-01-2020, 03:01 PM

You will first need to update the firmware, set function version to 7 in CE mode then you can turn on AirPrint in Admin settings.

If you need the firmware drop us an email

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk).

Custom Search