PDA

View Full Version : C224e connection issues

Custom Search

copyman
02-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Sorry for post being so long but like to give as much details to get your help.

Off lease machine is doing some weird stuff. Just sold machine to small 2 PC home office. My IT guy (doing a remote session) said there was some high level security settings. Machine came from a navel base or something and he had trouble setting up. Couldn't set up SMB so had to do scan to email, also wouldn't print. Something about authenication that he wasn't able to turn off remotely. Enhanced security mode is grayed out in admin mode.
This account is 2 hours away so spent about an hour with the customer going through settings in service, admin modes, ehanced & stop 9 and this is where we are at right now. Win 10 can print fine but scan don't work. Win 7 can scan but cannot print. It almost sounds like a joke but trust me it's not. I just carried this machine up steps in a house to a 2nd floor bedroom office!

NOTE:
When I got the machine from wholesaler it had a card reader in cabinet and could see it had a work table at some point so assumed card reader was still programed. I went into admin & serv modes and thought I turned off everything for authenication.

Some tabs are grayed out but not sure if suppose to be.

Is there a way to clear everything back to factory settings and clear authenications, etc? I went to
initialization in serv mode and selected all the tabs except error and cleared everything but didn't help.
Ha-ha Is there another top secret level of security and how the hell do I turn off! I know about the enhanced security mode, & "stop" 9

Thanks for any help

copier addict
02-02-2020, 10:25 PM

Off lease machine is doing some weird stuff. Just sold machine to small 2 PC home office. My IT guy (doing a remote session) said there was some high level security settings. Machine came from a navel base or something and he had trouble setting up. Couldn't set up SMB so had to do scan to email, also wouldn't print. Something about authenication that he wasn't able to turn off remotely. Enhanced security mode is grayed out in admin mode.
This account is 2 hours away so spent about an hour with the customer going through settings in service, admin modes, ehanced & stop 9 and this is where we are at right now. Win 10 can print fine but scan don't work. Win 7 can scan but cannot print. It almost sounds like a joke but trust me it's not. I just carried this machine up steps in a house to a 2nd floor bedroom office!

NOTE:
When I got the machine from wholesaler it had a card reader in cabinet and could see it had a work table at some point so assumed card reader was still programed. I went into admin & serv modes and thought I turned off everything for authenication.

Is there a way to clear everything back to factory settings and clear authenications, etc? I went to
initialization in serv mode and selected all the tabs except error and cleared everything but didn't help.
Ha-ha Is there another top secret level of security and how the hell do I turn off! I know about the enhanced security mode, & "stop" 9

Thanks for any help

In initialization select the "Clear All Data" tab and press Start

Bix
02-03-2020, 08:07 AM
Hi copyman,

Are you sure that the client does not have any VLANs or networks separate from those of the C224e? For authentication if a badget is installed and you want to disable it, go to Service Mode - Stop - 9 - Management fuctions choice and select Unset. Can the C224e ping? Have you tried disabling IP filtering? You could try a Clear All Data but I understand that this is not easy remotely.

copyman
02-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. Wanted to bump this back to 1st page for tonight since original post was during the weekend when not many members are here.

Was thinking about printing out management list and comparing them side by side to see what is different on this problem machine.

Not sure what my IT guy was talking about since I don't get involved with the IT stuff much but he said Kon/Min should get with it like Canon & Ricoh. He said it is so much easier to set up other OEM's.

If anyone has more ideas before I go out there in person it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

mincopier
02-03-2020, 11:24 PM
If this machine was configured to use a CAC card you may need to format the HDD to get the CAC info off of it.

tulintron
02-04-2020, 11:34 AM

NOTE:

Thanks for any help

I had problems different from yours, but they were related to the card reader and I also found many difficulties to disable, due to the fact that they are grayed out.

I found that in dipsw 12 bit 1 it was on and should be off.

From this command, my life changed completely.

Try this command and you may be as happy as I am. Dip12 bit 1 on off

tulintron
02-04-2020, 01:07 PM
If you get a positive result, let us know ...

copyman
02-04-2020, 01:28 PM
I had problems different from yours, but they were related to the card reader and I also found many difficulties to disable, due to the fact that they are grayed out.

I found that in dipsw 12 bit 1 it was on and should be off.

From this command, my life changed completely.

Try this command and you may be as happy as I am. Dip12 bit 1 on off

Exactly what I was looking for! I will report back with the results.

THANK YOU!

Custom Search