PDA

View Full Version : c300i wont calibrate fiery

Custom Search

slot
02-03-2020, 06:57 PM
I have a c300i in our workshop that when printing out the fiery calibration sheet prints it out to small so when placed on the glass it errors .
the scanner wont even try to scan the original. the copier and fiery are both new and we get the same result if the fiery is fitted to a c250.
we have tried 2 fiery and two video boards etc but cant seem to get it to work has anyone any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.

Synthohol
02-04-2020, 12:28 AM
who the hell calibrates a fiery off the glass? are you kidding? amateur hour!!!
that is what the ES-1000/2000 is for.
buy one!!

Phil B.
02-04-2020, 04:35 AM
who the hell calibrates a fiery off the glass? are you kidding? amateur hour!!!
that is what the ES-1000/2000 is for.
buy one!!

yup rookie move..

must not have GOOGLED anything:

Calibrate a Fiery Server - Fiery Help (http://help.efi.com/cps/4.8/en-us/GUID-47B76693-9B14-4EE2-9ED3-FC3D305B9A74.html)https://www.copytechnet.com//external-content.duckduckgo.com/ip3/help.efi.com.ico (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tool%20to%20calibrate%20fiery+site:help.efi.com&t=ffnt)help.efi.com/cps/4.8/en-us/GUID-47B76693-9B14-4EE2-9ED3-FC3D305B9A74.html (http://help.efi.com/cps/4.8/en-us/GUID-47B76693-9B14-4EE2-9ED3-FC3D305B9A74.html)

To calibrate a Fiery Server, you select the Fiery Server, specify whether to create a new calibration or update an existing one, and then print and measure a calibration page. In Color Profiler Suite, start Calibrator. In the Welcome window, click Select Fiery Server and select the Fiery Server from the list.

Synthohol
02-04-2020, 04:47 AM
its like trying to milk a steer!

Gift
07-06-2021, 11:16 AM
Seems the recent fiery for i series won't work with ES-1000 anymore because you require a new version of the profiler software that's not compatible with ES-1000 :mad:

Or is there any "workaround" possible?

emujo2
07-06-2021, 01:26 PM
The Fiery internal test prints are fine for office equipment, how many of your office customers have a ES1000? have you run the setup? does the fiery see the correct trays and paper sizes..E

Gift
07-07-2021, 12:08 PM
The Fiery internal test prints are fine for office equipment, how many of your office customers have a ES1000? have you run the setup? does the fiery see the correct trays and paper sizes..E

We own an ES1000 and we need it every know and then for some customers. My techs tell me it brings a good improvement - I never dealt with fiery myself TBH. It's actually the command workstation that's not compatible with ES1000 anymore

Synthohol
07-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Time for an es2000 then :)
Gotta keep up with the times.

I recall when I was a mechanic we had to buy new cartridges for the snap-on break out box every year for the latest models.
Expensive but invaluable.

Ebay prolly has a bunch for sale.

emujo2
07-07-2021, 05:22 PM
My point was that in 99% of cases, adding a Fiery is pointless for office machines. And only a small % of those that might benefit from a Fiery are going to add the ES1000/2000. So if a Fiery/office combo is sold, then in nearly 100% of the cases, the test page and the Kodak grey scale is enough to get a Fiery calibrated. If the customer is looking to define Media types and possibly Pantone or spot color match then these folks would need a ES, but in reality they probably need a low end production device like C3080. How many times have you seen A C759/Fiery that in 6 months the customer is printing only to the emperon... I know I'm getting off track of the OP real issue, but calibrating w/o the ES is no big deal. E

Synthohol
07-07-2021, 06:03 PM
I agree and appreciate your point, as a tech i believe we need to have all the current tools that allow us to do our job properly and accurately and a good densitometer is a must have in order to do that.

emujo2
07-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Your point is taken as well..All my production techs have one, none of my office guys have ever needed one, plus, my production advocate says the Office Fierys do not have the same tools as the production fierys and some of the basic stuff they do on each call is not available on the office Fierys. However, if you have a method that works for you and don't mind sharing, and it makes my customers happy, I would be willing to try it.

Gift
07-08-2021, 07:43 AM
I'd say MOST of our Fiery customers are less demanding compared to SOME of the "non Fiery" customers and I agree that Fiery feels overrated (for office printers) on my end, too.
All in all I notice that fewer calls come in about color reproduction etc compared to what we've dealt with ~10-15 years ago.

There isn't really a great "method" to it if you work with the densitometer, you just trigger the calibration process within the command workstation software and scan the sheets. At least that's what I saw wheen I look my guys over the shoulder. I think I have to put my personal opinion aside and have to admit it might make sense as long as a.) you get payed and b.) it makes the techs and customers happy and that procedure also leaves a professional footprint, like having something like a tricorder in star trek and peform a little showtime with it ;)

I already checked eBay, there's indeed some good ES2000 offers in EUR and pretty cheap ones in USD. I'd have to check that with my boss, perhaps he prefers hust to buy a new one (~1000€).

Custom Search