PDA

View Full Version : Sequentially Number Scanned PDF files

Custom Search

SalesServiceGuy
02-04-2020, 04:26 PM
On a Lexmark XM3250 with a HDD, does anyone know of an app or 3rd party software that will allow a user to automatically and sequentially number scanned files?

bsm2
02-04-2020, 04:39 PM
On a Lexmark XM3250 with a HDD, does anyone know of an app or 3rd party software that will allow a user to automatically and sequentially number scanned files?

Bates Numbering think paperport use to do it as a 3rd party software program

bsm2
02-04-2020, 06:15 PM
check your lexmark for this feature
Header/Footer
Top left
Top left
Off
Date/Time
Page number
Bates number
Custom text
Print on
All pages
First page only
All but first page
Enter custom text
Specifies header/footer information for the top left of the page
Notes:
• Off is the factory default setting for Top left.
• “All pages” is the factory default setting for Print on.

SalesServiceGuy
02-04-2020, 07:57 PM
I am working on a $30k sale for 21x Toshiba e478s which is equivalent to the latest Lexmark XXM3250 with a HDD.

Not all of the MFPs require this feature.

The customer is looking for a scan not print solution. The scan has to automatically add a sequential number to a stack of documents placed in the document feeder.

I have reviewed all of the settings available under the free app known as "Scan Center- Network Folders" and can find no reference to Bates Stamping.

Lexmark offers "Scan to Network Premium" $523.00 Cdn for a single license.

I am also exploring your suggestion about Papercut now owned by Kofax and am awaiting a reply from their Pre-Sales support team. $263.00 Cdn per license.

I am also looking at Adobe Acrobat DC Pro but it is only sold on a cloud based subscription basis and in way more expensive in the long run.

All three solutions offer a free 7 day trial.

bsm2
02-04-2020, 08:05 PM
There will be other software solutions, some Kyocera model had that built in as a scan feature. But never had a single customer request it.

Bates Stamping Software Overview and Comparison Chart (https://batesexpress.com/BatesSoftComparisonChart)

SalesServiceGuy
02-04-2020, 08:25 PM
Great! I asked Bates Express the same question. They look to be a far less expensive solution.

SalesServiceGuy
02-05-2020, 03:28 PM
Great! I asked Bates Express the same question. They look to be a far less expensive solution.

I downloaded the free trial and I think it will work well for the customer.

Thanks for the suggestion as I would have never known about this product otherwise!

Custom Search