PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta 654e printing only half page when black printing

Custom Search

Mitch Barron
02-05-2020, 07:19 AM
Hello everyone, Hope your years more of expertise help me troubleshoot this problem with konica 654e, the client had change the toner and after that, it started printing only half page and the other half was black and smudging so I have take the drum and it was full of toner all around I have clean the drum and put it back, the smudging and black spots when away but still only printing half page when printing black. I have change the drum for a new one, developer unit but problem still the same so hope you guys can advice me.

Pandas
02-05-2020, 10:09 AM
Check out the black developper unit.

tulintron
02-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone, Hope your years more of expertise help me troubleshoot this problem with konica 654e, the client had change the toner and after that, it started printing only half page and the other half was black and smudging so I have take the drum and it was full of toner all around I have clean the drum and put it back, the smudging and black spots when away but still only printing half page when printing black. I have change the drum for a new one, developer unit but problem still the same so hope you guys can advice me.As he reported that the drum was very dirty, very likely that toner had fallen on the laser lens, plugging the image formation on the drum.

copyman
02-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Not sure if this is your issue but something to check,

Black is known to dump developer if Image unit contact is loose. Maybe it dumped most of the developer and reason getting a half of print on page. There is a modified bracket to hold IU in tighter for better contact. This was more common on the older models with similar design, C451, etc.

Mitch Barron
02-05-2020, 04:35 PM
As he reported that the drum was very dirty, very likely that toner had fallen on the laser lens, plugging the image formation on the drum.

Yeah. alot of toner on the laser, I have clean it now back on running thanks for the reply.

Custom Search