PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C3850 missing 'firmware update' button

Custom Search

kw00
02-05-2020, 07:36 PM
I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on a C3850 by USB. When I go to the appropriate page of the service menu, the button for Firmware Update is missing. Other buttons are there, and the number for that button is skipped. The place where it should be is blank. Does anyone know why this would be? Does this happen if the machine doesn't recognize the flash drive?

On a related note, how do you setup ISW updates? There is only one file name option. How do I update multiple firmware types? Change the name every time?

emujo2
02-05-2020, 09:37 PM
On the C3850 the file must be in a folder called firmware. Then the .prn files must be unzipped and in this root folder. Firmware update should be # 5( or 6 or 7 if you have a fax or 2nd network card in) in service mode. E

Synthohol
02-06-2020, 12:08 AM
i ran into this, after it boot up before entering service mode put in the stick then in svc mode the option will pop in.

kw00
02-06-2020, 02:51 PM
i ran into this, after it boot up before entering service mode put in the stick then in svc mode the option will pop in.

Okay. I think perhaps it doesn't recognize my 8GB stick. I will try to find a smaller one. (Not easy.)

Does anyone have more insight about the Internet download technique?

Custom Search