PDA

View Full Version : scan smb on domain computer

Custom Search

Bix
02-05-2020, 10:55 PM
Hi, today I have made several attempts but I have not come to a conclusion.

Usually I am quite skilled in SMB scans but today I was unable to win. The customer changed offices but his PC remained on a domain. This domain no longer exists, so it can use the PC but can no longer change its password or anything. I have read that if I try to remove it from the domain, there is a risk of losing all the data and honestly, I don't want to be responsible for this.

So here is my attempt:
1. I create a folder and share it. I take the IP address, the username (cmd command: setuser to be sure) and the password. Doesn't work. So I have disabled Kaspersky and something changes: now is unable to connect but say login error. So to be sure that the password is correct, I ask to disconnect from the PC and I enter the password. The password is correct! So my doubt is: perhaps the user name is wrong. I try domainname\username but this doesn't work either.
So I give up Scan To SMB and I'm on the safe side: Scan to FTP. But here too disappointment: the printer is unable to connect with FTP.

In the end I put Scan to Email but the client would like to receive the files directly on the folder. On the other PCs no problem, I have proposed to the customer to fix the PC because it is the only one to have the problem. Being on a domain that no longer exists, the computer is quite messed up. But he has no intention of formatting it or doing anything else.
Any suggestions are welcome!

Synthohol
02-05-2020, 11:52 PM
go into control panel, system, change setting for computer name/ workgroup and select workgroup.
if when he logs back on if the desktop is blank its ok, all his stuff is under c:/users/previoususername/desktop or documents etc...

qbert69
02-05-2020, 11:54 PM
Hi, today I have made several attempts but I have not come to a conclusion.

Usually I am quite skilled in SMB scans but today I was unable to win. The customer changed offices but his PC remained on a domain. This domain no longer exists, so it can use the PC but can no longer change its password or anything. I have read that if I try to remove it from the domain, there is a risk of losing all the data and honestly, I don't want to be responsible for this.

So here is my attempt:
1. I create a folder and share it. I take the IP address, the username (cmd command: setuser to be sure) and the password. Doesn't work. So I have disabled Kaspersky and something changes: now is unable to connect but say login error. So to be sure that the password is correct, I ask to disconnect from the PC and I enter the password. The password is correct! So my doubt is: perhaps the user name is wrong. I try domainname\username but this doesn't work either.
So I give up Scan To SMB and I'm on the safe side: Scan to FTP. But here too disappointment: the printer is unable to connect with FTP.

In the end I put Scan to Email but the client would like to receive the files directly on the folder. On the other PCs no problem, I have proposed to the customer to fix the PC because it is the only one to have the problem. Being on a domain that no longer exists, the computer is quite messed up. But he has no intention of formatting it or doing anything else.
Any suggestions are welcome!Don't scan to domain!!! Just choose the local computer!!! This should not be a problem if you have local administrative rights!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Bix
02-06-2020, 07:51 AM
Yes I could try to remove it from the domain but I prefer not to do it myself. And if some program doesn't work anymore or he can't find any more files, it's my fault.

@qbert69 This is my goal. But I can't find the parameters of the local computer. Is there any trick to locate them?

Thanks for the support!

mincopier
02-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Unless you are a certified IT specifically for domain computers and servers walk away from that particular issue. Setup as local user if possible. If that does not work they need to pay to have a knowledgeable person in that field to come in and remove the computer from the domain. Do not take the chance.

copyman
02-06-2020, 01:31 PM
"export" the settings and then if you lose them will have them to "import" back in if lost

bsm2
02-06-2020, 01:53 PM
Under security add the local account full control , Ftp you have to add the ftp program to firewall settings

Bix
02-06-2020, 02:46 PM
Under security add the local account full control , Ftp you have to add the ftp program to firewall settings

Hi, the only antivirus / firewall that I have managed to detect is Kaspersky. Temporarily deactivating Kaspersky Scan SMB works but login error exits, so I should find out the username and password of the local PC but I cannot locate.

While Scan to FTP doesn't work even with antivirus/firewall disabled. Maybe I should try Windows defender. Okay in other PCs

PC Windows 10

bsm2
02-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Hi, the only antivirus / firewall that I have managed to detect is Kaspersky. Temporarily deactivating Kaspersky Scan SMB works but login error exits, so I should find out the username and password of the local PC but I cannot locate.

While Scan to FTP doesn't work even with antivirus/firewall disabled. Maybe I should try Windows defender. Okay in other PCs

PC Windows 10

create a new user local account

Custom Search