PDA

View Full Version : Paper size detection problem konica C220

Custom Search

Gael
02-06-2020, 02:39 PM
Hi,
A Konica C220 does not detect the correct paper size. He tells me it's A5 instead of A4.
If you don't have a solution, is it possible to manually set the paper size?

I'm sorry I don't speak English very well

Any suggestions are welcome.

Bix
02-06-2020, 03:59 PM
Hi, there are two possibilities:
1. The piece of plastic in the back of the tray has broken.
2. After a jam, something is left in the back of the tray
3. Something is wrong with the paper size detector photocell.

the first hypothesis is more probable because perhaps the tray was violently closed. A solution could be to simulate the shape of the broken piece with paper on the photocell.

copier addict
02-06-2020, 04:12 PM
Make sure the paper guides in the tray are centred. Close the guides all the way and look to see if one is closer to the centre lift tray.
It can be adjusted by loosening the screws and moving the entire guide assembly either forward or back until they are both the same distance from the centre lift tray

Gael
02-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Hi, there are two possibilities:
1. The piece of plastic in the back of the tray has broken.
2. After a jam, something is left in the back of the tray
3. Something is wrong with the paper size detector photocell.

the first hypothesis is more probable because perhaps the tray was violently closed. A solution could be to simulate the shape of the broken piece with paper on the photocell.

Thank you. I have attached photos

1. The piece of plastic in the back of the tray has broken. ==> i don't think the piece is broken
2. After a jam, something is left in the back of the tray ==> I don't think so
3. Something is wrong with the paper size detector photocell ==> I don't know ;)

Gael
02-06-2020, 05:10 PM
Make sure the paper guides in the tray are centred. Close the guides all the way and look to see if one is closer to the centre lift tray.
It can be adjusted by loosening the screws and moving the entire guide assembly either forward or back until they are both the same distance from the centre lift tray

I adjusted the paper guides but I still have the same problem

tech51
02-06-2020, 05:41 PM
The rear guide in the tray can bend outwards over time causing the actuator attached to it to miss the sensors it goes in to. Bend it so the guide is 90 degrees to the tray base.

Also the plastic holder the actuator goes into can break, also causing paper size errors.

galdu26
02-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Hi,
A Konica C220 does not detect the correct paper size. He tells me it's A5 instead of A4.
If you don't have a solution, is it possible to manually set the paper size?

I'm sorry I don't speak English very well

Any suggestions are welcome.

look for the size sensor's beside the elevation motor..clean it.. only in A4 lef o A4sef??

Gael
02-07-2020, 09:36 AM
look for the size sensor's beside the elevation motor..clean it.. only in A4 lef o A4sef??

I clean it and I still have the same problem.

The problem is only in A4 LEF. I have the same problem with the second trays

In A4 SEF i have another problem, i always have paper jam problems. He can't pull the paper

Gael
02-07-2020, 09:47 AM
The rear guide in the tray can bend outwards over time causing the actuator attached to it to miss the sensors it goes in to. Bend it so the guide is 90 degrees to the tray base.

Also the plastic holder the actuator goes into can break, also causing paper size errors.

Where is "the rear guide " ?

Gaffers01
02-07-2020, 04:29 PM
Also check at the front right hand side of the paper tray as this can be cracked and cause this problem.

Try bending the silver bit that comes out the back of the tray up a little bit and see if that helps.

These machine are well known for this issue, so you might be better off getting an engineer to sort the problem.

tech51
02-07-2020, 05:42 PM
Where is "the rear guide " ?
The side guide towards the rear of the machine.

galdu26
02-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Thank you. I have attached photos

1. The piece of plastic in the back of the tray has broken. ==> i don't think the piece is broken
2. After a jam, something is left in the back of the tray ==> I don't think so
3. Something is wrong with the paper size detector photocell ==> I don't know ;)

look for the specific areas selected..the module look's folded44842and the black holders looks broken or bend..

mattcoop11
02-07-2020, 10:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200207/dc4e21a518b7c907456cb9c14e63694a.jpg

Problem will more than likely be with the part highlighted, if you take it off, it will more than likely have a crack on the top part of the plastic where the screw and spring goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slammers
02-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Hi, I have had the same issue.

Root cause: Wiring harness that connects to the detection photocells in the rear of the machine had been dislodged over time and eventually the tray guide started hitting off one of the cables, eventually breaking it.

You will have to remove the MFP Board and HV board to get to the wiring harness. Inspect cables for damage and replace.

May NOT be your problem, but sometimes you've got to dig a bit further. Took me hours of swapping trays, sensors, fingers etc until I went in from the other side.

Good Luck!

Custom Search