PDA

View Full Version : c754 Won't turn on from power saving mode

Custom Search

vertigosystems
02-11-2020, 03:26 AM
Finished an update on a C754, and this problem existed prior to the firmware update, but I'm out of ideas now. I've checked other posts and the only similar relevant one was about the RAM modules.
As an aside, during the firmware update, all the checksums matched the update bulletin except for the Printer item, which had a different checksum, although the printer seems to be fine otherwise and boots up normally and shows all of the correct firmware revision numbers in the service menu.
Even the movie data installed fine. But either hitting the secondary power button (on the control panel) or letting the printer goes to sleep, I can't wake it up with either the secondary power button or by sending a print job. All I can do to get it responsive again is to hit the cycle the main power.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

qbert69
02-11-2020, 03:35 AM
Finished an update on a C754, and this problem existed prior to the firmware update, but I'm out of ideas now. I've checked other posts and the only similar relevant one was about the RAM modules.
As an aside, during the firmware update, all the checksums matched the update bulletin except for the Printer item, which had a different checksum, although the printer seems to be fine otherwise and boots up normally and shows all of the correct firmware revision numbers in the service menu.
Even the movie data installed fine. But either hitting the secondary power button (on the control panel) or letting the printer goes to sleep, I can't wake it up with either the secondary power button or by sending a print job. All I can do to get it responsive again is to hit the cycle the main power.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?See attached screen shots![emoji41]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200211/68c6aed3b54cdee4c5f238663b7e556d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200211/b1bb87d2e79109529bc83b5759b3d1b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

rrrohan
02-11-2020, 05:19 AM
Yeah i just disable sleep and let it use only low power mode

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

copyman
02-11-2020, 06:00 AM
I turn off the sleep mode in all my Kon/min machines. Serv mode "permit", admin mode "no sleep"

Bix
02-11-2020, 08:50 AM
If you updated recently, you make sure that the weekly timer is not active. Often this option may freeze your MFP. Did FA14 also happen? Check in the logs. You can disable the weekly timer from the power settings.

CompyTech
02-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Weekly Timer - Off.

Power Consumption in Sleep mode - Disabled.

Those should do it. Worse case just disable sleep mode, however you'll wear the fuser out quicker.

vertigosystems
02-12-2020, 04:19 AM
I appreciate all the responses, I'll give that a shot. Will Low power turn the LCD off or will it still be on? Secondly, is the firmware CRC mismatch something I should try to correct if it appears to be working ok?
Lastly, considering the above settings, isn't it abnormal that it won't wake from sleep mode when you press control panel buttons?

Bix
02-12-2020, 07:38 AM
No, it is not absolutely normal that you have to turn the main switch off and on to turn on the display. If you press the power save switch, the MFP should wake up. However try to check if there is something in the error list.

If you have any doubt about the corrupt firmware, I advise you to do a Clear All Data + Format Logical HDD and then reinstall the firmware.

vertigosystems
02-12-2020, 07:29 PM
No, it is not absolutely normal that you have to turn the main switch off and on to turn on the display. If you press the power save switch, the MFP should wake up. However try to check if there is something in the error list.

If you have any doubt about the corrupt firmware, I advise you to do a Clear All Data + Format Logical HDD and then reinstall the firmware.

I'm probably going to do this anyway, but the power save issue pre-dated the firmware update and the checksums matched the applicable bulletin prior to me starting work on it.
I'm starting to regret taking this job on this unit. Another issue just popped up where I just did a test scan with it and I'm getting just a full page rainbow. Same happens with copies, either on glass or from ADF.

qbert69
02-12-2020, 09:31 PM
I'm probably going to do this anyway, but the power save issue pre-dated the firmware update and the checksums matched the applicable bulletin prior to me starting work on it.
I'm starting to regret taking this job on this unit. Another issue just popped up where I just did a test scan with it and I'm getting just a full page rainbow. Same happens with copies, either on glass or from ADF.Mirrors in scanner got knocked out of position during shipping more than likely...can you post a picture???[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Custom Search