PDA

View Full Version : Jamming 10-01 Jam 458e

Custom Search

Genotrom
02-11-2020, 10:10 AM
hi, i am new in this forum! I am a technician who has been managing KM for about 1 year. This forum has helped me a lot to grow my knowledge and I am grateful to you for this.
I want to ask for advice on a bizhub 458e. It has only 200k and a couple of weeks ago I received a jam call from tray 1. No jam from other drawers. The jam code is 10-01. I have ruled out a roller problem, they only have 70k (I read this from the EC meter) and they don't seem to be worn out.

The paper jams randomly after 2-20 pages. The paper often hangs before the rollers.
After a general cleaning of the rollers, of the PS1 sensors and of the register rollers, the problem has been solved but today I have the same problem again.
Where do you recommend to concentrate the cleaning? Is there any more sensitive sensor that easily has dirt problems?
Any advice is welcome!

Synthohol
02-11-2020, 01:17 PM
dont assume page count has anything to do with wear, some papers are much rougher than others and can beat up rollers pretty fast.
have you tried new rollers? try changing them anyway. those finned ones suck IMHO and i always replace with a00j's. (i just swap the rubber :) )

Genotrom
02-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Thank you for your suggestion! Curiosity, A00J in which which MFP are present in the part list?
I started with the first C364e with 3 equal rollers, then the 8 series with two rollers + different roller pickup and iSeries with 3 different rollers. I like the blue color oui oui

Synthohol
02-11-2020, 01:53 PM
A00J563600

Gaffers01
02-11-2020, 02:37 PM
More than likely its the Separation roller, also if problem persists after replacing rollers change the oneway bearing/clutch A02E561100
and the A0ED563900 separation torque limiter

Bix
02-11-2020, 02:38 PM
dont assume page count has anything to do with wear, some papers are much rougher than others and can beat up rollers pretty fast.
have you tried new rollers? try changing them anyway. those finned ones suck IMHO and i always replace with a00j's. (i just swap the rubber :) )

True, sometimes the customer changes the paper and uses recycled paper from recycled paper which I can use to smooth the wall when it has some irregularities after painting. lol

From the 8e series I love the fact that they no longer have C-clips. But I hate it when I try to remove the roller and the plastic hook breaks. For now I have several 308e/458e and the rollers have a good durability, even greater than 300k+

tsbservice
02-11-2020, 04:50 PM
More than likely its the Separation roller, also if problem persists after replacing rollers change the oneway bearing/clutch A02E561100
and the A0ED563900 separation torque limiter

Agree, also swap rolls, one ways between two paper trays if you want to pin it down from first visit.

Genotrom
02-12-2020, 09:50 AM
bonjour, today for safety I replaced the rollers of the first tray and cleaned both the clutch and the torque limiter with isopropyl alcohol. The rollers seemed ok (only 70-80k and also the clutch/torque did not seem to me to have any problems. However, I did a test with a ream of paper and it never jammed again. Thanks for your tips

Custom Search