PDA

View Full Version : Brother 8910DW Print Unable EF

Custom Search

ProAm
02-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Good morning. I have two of these in the same office that have this error message, and I was told they both began doing so after a power outage. The information I was able to find suggested replacing the low power PCB, so I ordered those, and replaced it on one of them, but the error message remained. The same source said that if the low power PCB didn't solve the issue that the main PCB would also need to be replaced. If any of you have any experience with this problem, any suggestions would be welcome.

Phil B.
02-11-2020, 04:10 PM
Good morning. I have two of these in the same office that have this error message, and I was told they both began doing so after a power outage. The information I was able to find suggested replacing the low power PCB, so I ordered those, and replaced it on one of them, but the error message remained. The same source said that if the low power PCB didn't solve the issue that the main PCB would also need to be replaced. If any of you have any experience with this problem, any suggestions would be welcome.

if you intend on working on these yo WILL need the service and parts manuals

<User Check>
• Turn OFF the power switch. After several seconds, turn ON the power again and check
that this error is reset.

Step
Cause
Remedy

Low-voltage power supply PCB
failure
Replace the low-voltage power supply PCB
ASSY, and then reset the irregular power
supply detection counter.

Main PCB failure
Replace the main PCB ASSY.

tsbservice
02-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Also to add to what Brother Phil posted, it will be good measure to ask the user to review the installation environment.
If the wall power source is bad, even with new board problem may reiterate.

ProAm
02-11-2020, 05:31 PM
if you intend on working on these yo WILL need the service and parts manuals

<User Check>
• Turn OFF the power switch. After several seconds, turn ON the power again and check
that this error is reset.

Step
Cause
Remedy

Low-voltage power supply PCB
failure
Replace the low-voltage power supply PCB
ASSY, and then reset the irregular power
supply detection counter.

Main PCB failure
Replace the main PCB ASSY.

Thanks, but I found that, replaced the low voltage PCB, and did a machine reset, so it looks as though I need to replace the main PCB. I also moved this unit across the room and plugged it in to another outlet, no change.

ProAm
02-11-2020, 05:57 PM
Now I see that the manual mentions an irregular power supply reset that involves connecting to the printer with a USB cable and running an executable (!). But I don't see this executable listed on the downloads page for this model?

tsbservice
02-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Now I see that the manual mentions an irregular power supply reset that involves connecting to the printer with a USB cable and running an executable (!). But I don't see this executable listed on the downloads page for this model?
Those are under Service Tool section in Brother service site.

ProAm
02-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Those are under Service Tool section in Brother service site.

I guess I'll have to kick this upstairs then. Thanks

Phil B.
02-11-2020, 07:11 PM
I guess I'll have to kick this upstairs then. ThanksEmail me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ProAm
02-11-2020, 09:51 PM
Also to add to what Brother Phil posted, it will be good measure to ask the user to review the installation environment.
If the wall power source is bad, even with new board problem may reiterate.

The unit is located at a public school in Clearlake CA, and they've had numerous recent power outages due to PG&E. I don't think the engineers anticipated an environment where a public utility would neglect their infrastructure to the point where the best way to prevent a fire on a windy day is to shut down power on extensive portions of the grid.

Phil B.
02-11-2020, 10:04 PM
The unit is located at a public school in Clearlake CA, and they've had numerous recent power outages due to PG&E. I don't think the engineers anticipated an environment where a public utility would neglect their infrastructure to the point where the best way to prevent a fire on a windy day is to shut down power on extensive portions of the grid.Sounds like instead of a surge they need a line conditioner.

ProAm
02-14-2020, 05:59 PM
Email me

Email sent, thank you in advance.

Phil B.
02-14-2020, 07:01 PM
Email sent, thank you in advance.

didn't get it try Binky27501@gmail.com

i will send the manual via WeTransfer
(Binky27501@gmail.com)