PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C252 black text is fine. Colored text and images blurry

Custom Search

Islandtech
02-11-2020, 04:04 PM
Yeah, she's an old girl that should probably be put out to pasture but hoping you all can help. Demo pages and examples attached. The black text in the document attached is fine and I thought maybe it was just images that were blurry, but when I changed the text to all blue it also comes out blurry, one difference on the blue text is, the top left is very blurry, but the bottom right of the page is almost normal. As you can see in the demo pages, there is a cyan and magenta line on the right side of the black borders. Also for the color bursts in the middle, looks like cyan and magenta are aligned but yellow and black are off.

I did a lot of searching, called the service company, they looked at it for about 10 mins and said maybe the laser was bad and not worth fixing. :confused: I checked the image transfer belt unit yesterday and found a lot of black toner piled up on top of the belt, also looks like there's a problem with the wiper on the end where some is curled under. I couldn't find a close up online to see if all of that wiper is supposed to be tucked into the roller, or if its all supposed to lay on top of the belt. Thought maybe I could take that end off and re-tuck the wiper if possible but I don't have a spare unit so didn't want to experiment too much without input from you all.

I did the image stabilization, couldn't do gradation in admin mode, guessing maybe its service mode only for that. Paper used is standard 8.5x11, international paper so its in grams per square meter at 75 g/m2. Followed the service manual for cleaning image transfer entrance guide, IDC Sensor, Comb electrode cleaning, print head cleaning on all colors, cleaned image transfer belt unit, ran stabilization again.

Please let me know what you think based on the demo pages, text pages, and pictures of the imaging transfer unit. We are looking at a new c300i for a main printer but if I could get this one fixed we could send it to a less demanding department within the company. Thanks.

Custom Search