PDA

View Full Version : Alexa and Google Assistant on iSeries

Custom Search

Bix
02-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Hi, when I went to see iSeries in Konica Minolta, I asked the KM Service a question. Are these MFPs compatible with Alexa or Google Home? He said yes! He also showed me the option on the bizhub C250i. But currently I have not seen anything in the bizhub iSeriesI have installed.

He probably had a special firmware or some addon that I don't know. Do any of you have any news?
It is certainly not a useful thing, but here in Germany voice assistants are doing very well. This could be a good sales argument.

Synthohol
02-11-2020, 09:42 PM
What would you even use it for?

SalesServiceGuy
02-11-2020, 09:59 PM
Are not Alexa and Google Assistant constantly listening and recording what their microphones pick up in the office?

I think this becomes a major security risk that most IT Managers will forbid on their LAN regardless of any convenience feature.

I know the Alexa sales pitch is for an office worker to say "order more paper".

Guess what, Amazon is often not the lowest priced vendor to order your preferred paper from.

Bix
02-12-2020, 07:47 AM
No, these features don't add microphones to the MFP. To understand, you should have one of these devices in the house.
In Alexa's case, a skill would be needed. It does not require microphones, the customer uses his smartphone or Echo device to control Alexa. Some examples of use:
"Alexa, print the counters."
"Alexa, print the latest news."
"Alexa, print the network settings."
"Alexa, start an image stabilization."
(And many other features ...)

Or imagine yourself:
Customer: "Alexa, order a black toner". Without him having to call or send you an email. It does this automatically Alexa. You will receive an email from the supplier with the customer's request. Lol, yes this is useless, I can already receive an email automatically for this. But maybe the customer already has a toner.

In large offices this is useless but in small offices this could be interesting.
HP I've seen has already accomplished something and other companies are also moving.

Custom Search