PDA

View Full Version : C364e Bad quality after developing unit replacement

Custom Search

Genotrom
02-12-2020, 10:47 AM
bonjour, i recently bought a C364e with 600k.

the seller has assured me that he has always used OEM and in the list of parts to replace, I have seen that the developing unit K has ended its life cycle.all other consumables indicate a good life cycle. Before I replaced the developing unit, I printed a completely black pattern and the print was quite good. After replacement with the new developing unit K, print with some blank parts. I have already tried image stabilization. as for document prints, I have no quality problems, they come out clearly.my first thought is the black drum but any advice is welcome

Gergő
02-12-2020, 11:31 AM
bonjour, i recently bought a C364e with 600k.

the seller has assured me that he has always used OEM and in the list of parts to replace, I have seen that the developing unit K has ended its life cycle.all other consumables indicate a good life cycle. Before I replaced the developing unit, I printed a completely black pattern and the print was quite good. After replacement with the new developing unit K, print with some blank parts. I have already tried image stabilization. as for document prints, I have no quality problems, they come out clearly.my first thought is the black drum but any advice is welcome

Hi,

While you was changing the dev unit didnt you letf the drum on light? Change back thedev for a test.

Gergő

allan
02-12-2020, 11:46 AM
Yea would agree that that would be light damage from leaving the drum out.
Always cover your drums when they are not installed in the machine.

If its not broken don't fix it.

copyman
02-12-2020, 12:42 PM
I don't think leaving drum out in light (not sunlight) even for a few hours will damage these organic drums. I've had drums sit out for days in the shop and no issues at all. I always try and cover as a habit but when I have forgot it didn't harm the drums.

Was the developer unit genuine Kon/Min?

I suspect you have a bad black drum. Hopefully it wasn't bad to a point it was shorting out and caused new dev unit to dump.

Toxic
02-12-2020, 01:20 PM
Measure distance betwean lighter patterns on that test print ,if it is about 95mm then drum is what you need to replace.

Genotrom
02-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Measure distance betwean lighter patterns on that test print ,if it is about 95mm then drum is what you need to replace.
The distance is 95mm. I didn't know this skill, thanks for the teaching. However, it's all OEM and during the replacement the drum will have been 2 minutes without being covered, I often leave it without covering it and something like this has never happened to me. I will pay more attention next time, thanks!:o:o:o:o

femaster
02-13-2020, 01:01 AM
The distance is 95mm. I didn't know this skill, thanks for the teaching. However, it's all OEM and during the replacement the drum will have been 2 minutes without being covered, I often leave it without covering it and something like this has never happened to me. I will pay more attention next time, thanks!:o:o:o:o

If the drum is getting close to end of life it will be more susceptible to light damage than a new one will be, which is why some may have not had problems in the past.

Copier repairman
02-16-2020, 03:30 PM
The drum is exposed to light.
If you need to remove the drum during repair, keep it in the dark.
Replace with a new drum unit.

Zesti
02-17-2020, 05:45 AM
Surely it seems direct light exposure and above advises are good enough. OR if you don't want to replace the drum for now, let it run for a while and it will balance out.

Don N.
02-18-2020, 04:13 AM
Free to test: You could swap the drum with any of the color drums as long as you keep the k chip in the k position and color chip in it's position.

Genotrom
02-18-2020, 08:03 AM
thank you all,
great advice! i didn't know all these tricks
salut

Custom Search