PDA

View Full Version : CQ C258 Internal Print Issue

Custom Search

Slammers
02-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Hello, looking for some advice concerning a C258 that is less than a year old. 53k clicks, low volume machine.

I was called out to site for an unrelated issue to do with envelope mis feeds, appeared to be a logic error with jam at fuser.

First thing I do is print a count sheet before cracking on with my work, the result I got from this was concerning. I have attached a scan of the front and back side of the document the machine printed.

NOTE these are NOT the result of a COPY, this came out of the machine from an internal report print.

I re printed the report and it came out OK, no weird zoom, shading or banding.

Information:
Firmware K7 - Upped to X4 on site to resolve the original issue, anomaly observed while on K7
Self Diagnostics results: All Passed
State confirmation: All TCR levels within expected levels
TCR adjusts: Deafult - not touched
Image Adjusts: Default - not touched
K Dev: Visually inspected, mag roller perfect, unit still looks brand new. Contacts all clean. Halftone test prints perfect.
K Drum: Visually inspected, charge roller not marked, drum surface OK. Contatcs all clean. Halftone test prints perfect.
Service call history: No codes. No skew errors on maintenance screen (Initially suspected PH)

Have escalated to support but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and what was done to resolve. I suspect an issue with the MFPB but want to dig more before pulling the trigger on a warranty claim.

It should be noted that I couldn't replicate the anomaly observed and the customer has had no problems with image quality. Just want to get some insight before this rears its head in x months time as its pretty much guaranteed to be out of warranty by then.

Thanks for your time.

Synthohol
02-12-2020, 05:17 PM
I've seen 2 like this, one was firmware the other needed a front side board (what the dv units plug into)
Good luck., let us know.

tsbservice
02-12-2020, 08:33 PM
Slammers, it looks digital but I never seen print like this myself. I could think down the line - PH unit, FSB(the one Synt mentioned), MFPB.

On a memorable side note. You must be helluva tech. I see nothing but right steps you take. 9 out of 10 techs I know would ignore this single faulty page and leave.
Good luck!

livancicm
02-13-2020, 05:57 AM
laser poligon motor

femaster
02-13-2020, 11:19 PM
9 out of 10 techs I know would ignore this single faulty page and leave.

Must be some REALLY lousy techs in your area.
Every problem should be addressed, no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time, because it will only get worse the more time you let it linger.

Zesti
02-17-2020, 06:09 AM
You may want to check electrical power connections as these can produce hell of print problems if there any loose connections and sparking.

Slammers
02-18-2020, 05:33 PM
Hi folks.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I won't be back at this machine for a while now, service manager is handling this now due to the nature of the support agreement.
Although, if it starts doing it on normal print jobs I will be at it in a flash!

Typical bureaucracy getting in the way of some juicy diagnosis!

I've seen 2 like this, one was firmware the other needed a front side board (what the dv units plug into)
Good luck., let us know.

I am hoping that the FW update I carried out has fixed it, just bizzare that i couldn't replicate the issue.

Slammers, it looks digital but I never seen print like this myself. I could think down the line - PH unit, FSB(the one Synt mentioned), MFPB.

I have seen some sort of similar artefacting due to bad ram and dying MFPB but never as a one-off, usually replicable results. This doesn't mean that its not however, the MFP demons work in mysterious ways sometimes.

You may want to check electrical power connections as these can produce hell of print problems if there any loose connections and sparking.

This is a good suggestion, the fact it was a one off, and I had just moved the machine to get access to the ports may lead to a physical connection issue. Will be getting the panels off and checking/re-seating connections the next time I am out at the machine.

laser poligon motor

This is something I did check, albeit briefly. I checked for the Skew Correction Error P-Code in tech mdoe, but didnt perform any other analysis other than check the service call history, which had no faults. Do you recommend I perform a Skew Correction procedure to check, or do you have a set process for testing the PH?

Finally, cheers for the feedback. Still new to this but really starting to find my feet, will be trying to work my way up the chain for sure!
I am currently the only tech servicing roughly 250 machines so if I ignore an issue, guess who has to deal with it at 16:30 on a Friday :P

Thanks all for the suggestions. If and when I am back at this machine I will make sure to update this thread with any resolutions.

Custom Search