PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 454e won't print multiple page file

Custom Search

rpalm01
02-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Greeting,

First time post. Have a KM 454e that was bought used, will print single page documents however, multiple page files it seems to times out and prints sends error report saying an error was detected while processing. Tried resetting system setting with no success. Any Suggestion?

Phil B.
02-12-2020, 05:33 PM
Greeting,

First time post. Have a KM 454e that was bought used, will print single page documents however, multiple page files it seems to times out and prints sends error report saying an error was detected while processing. Tried resetting system setting with no success. Any Suggestion?

system settings?

are you a trained tech or end user?

what were you trying to print?

are there any other errors?

is this a new problem?

you give very little info (none) to help us ...

what are you printing from?

how is PC connected to unit?

rpalm01
02-12-2020, 06:13 PM
I'm an end user trying to print a 105 page PDF file, no other errors given other than the printed error report from the printer after receiving notice on the PC which prompt the print. It processes for a long time with blue light blinking before timing out with error.
We've never have an opportunity to print a large file til now. The printer is a network printer, and a new driver has just been re-installed. The printer had a difference user in the past, and was thinking the setting may have something to do with limiting the file size??

Phil B.
02-12-2020, 06:28 PM
I'm an end user trying to print a 105 page PDF file, no other errors given other than the printed error report from the printer after receiving notice on the PC which prompt the print. It processes for a long time with blue light blinking before timing out with error.
We've never have an opportunity to print a large file til now. The printer is a network printer, and a new driver has just been re-installed. The printer had a difference user in the past, and was thinking the setting may have something to do with limiting the file size??

WHAT driver are you using?
PCL5?

does that unit has PS abilities?

are the PDF pages flattened?

well you still haven't given us anything to go on again.

refreshing my Q's to you...

system settings?

are you a trained tech or end user?

what were you trying to print?

are there any other errors?

is this a new problem?

you give very little info (none) to help us ...

what are you printing from?

how is PC connected to unit?

either you answer my Q's or I'm dropping out of this.. have to go wash my dog. :mad:

rpalm01
02-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, again I'm a end user trying to print a 105 page PDF file. the driver is 554e series PLC. Yes its Post Script. The file has been flattened. again no other errors. Have not experience this problem before, however haven't print this size file before only smaller 20 page document. Printing from PC on a network.

tsbservice
02-12-2020, 07:46 PM
Put this PDF file on flash drive and try to print from machine front USB port.
Also check in print driver under ports tab that IP address is used instead of WSD Windows crap.

Phil B.
02-12-2020, 08:05 PM
Put this PDF file on flash drive and try to print from machine front USB port.
Also check in print driver under ports tab that IP address is used instead of WSD Windows crap.

he can't even state WHAT PCL driver # is used... PCL6 causes problems like this

rpalm01
02-12-2020, 08:31 PM
Yes...I did try that, it won't recognize a flash drive when placed in its port next to the control panel. Did confirm the correct I/P address under port, box checked. The most number of pages it allow to print a once was 25.

copier addict
02-12-2020, 09:08 PM
Uninstall and reinstall proper print driver

rpalm01
02-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver three (3) different times. I'm thinking maybe firmware??

emujo2
02-12-2020, 09:22 PM
If you are sending a Post Script file (filename.ps) then you would want to use the KM postscript driver, not the PCL. What you may be seeing (and you can verify this by watching the spooler on your workstation) just how large the file gets when you send it. 105 page PDF is fairly large, but if the spooler turns it into a 10GB bitmap, then the printer may just be running out of memory to process it. The PCL driver has a "print as image" check box that you can use sometime to resolve font or graphic issues. E

copier addict
02-12-2020, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver three (3) different times. I'm thinking maybe firmware??

Are you using the Konica Minolta driver or a generic driver.

rpalm01
02-12-2020, 09:51 PM
Thanks I'll explore that suggestion "print as image" box. Regarding the drivers I've download from KM website, and currently using the driver furnished on disk from Konica.

Bix
02-12-2020, 10:33 PM
I have a couple of C364e that have this problem because HDD is disabled. After the clear data, did you rehabilitate it?

blackcat4866
02-12-2020, 10:56 PM
Does the MFP display read?: "An internal error has occurred. It will automatically be reset."

I'm thinking that you're probably getting developer density errors, which eventually cause C-codes, but initially will reset, then print a few more pages. The delay is the MFP attempting to add toner. Check the error history. Look for C2557.

It's very common for the toner hopper seals to leak and bind up the hopper drive. You can watch the ends of the shafts in the hopper drive, to see if they're stalling. There are new style seals and bearings, but often just cleaning out the hopper and seals will restore function. I don't think that I've ever had it re-occur, once the hopper was cleaned well.

My guess is that it has nothing to do with the print driver. You just rarely copy that many consecutive images. =^..^=

femaster
02-13-2020, 01:18 AM
I have a couple of C364e that have this problem because HDD is disabled. After the clear data, did you rehabilitate it?

You took the words out of my mouth. I was going to say that since it was purchased as a used unit, perhaps the hard drive was removed by the previous owner for security reasons. It's also possible that if they cleared everything, it was never re-enabled in service mode.

tulintron
02-13-2020, 12:42 PM
I bet on BIX's answer. I believe that the HDD is disabled.

rpalm01
02-15-2020, 11:46 PM
Greeting All,

Issue Solved.... Not sure what it was but, did a factory reset and the issue went away. Thanks so much to everybody that contributed ideas to resolving the problem.

Don N.
02-18-2020, 04:45 AM
Greeting All,

Issue Solved.... Not sure what it was but, did a factory reset and the issue went away. Thanks so much to everybody that contributed ideas to resolving the problem.

Down the road if same issue returns, maybe the HDD is going bad. Your reset may have re-written the MBR or kicked the can down the road. Also all b/w 4e's were on the suspect bad SSD list until patched with SSD FW (not main FW). After SSD is updated to 6.03, main FW can raise it to 6.05 or higher I think. A blue dot at the serial# on back of machine usually indicated the SSD was replaced or SSD FW is patched. Look under Menu/Utility/Device Info. I think you can see the current SSD FW level. Should be at least 6.03 or higher. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

femaster
02-19-2020, 01:31 AM
I think you can see the current SSD FW level. Should be at least 6.03 or higher. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that the SSD firmware only shows up under the firmware section of service mode. I also believe that it will only show up in there after it has been patched. I'm almost certain that the SSD firmware version never showed prior to the patch.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, it's not unheard of...

Custom Search