PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scan to SMB with Relay Server

Custom Search

teechevy703
02-13-2020, 07:34 PM
So we're having issues setting up Scan to SMB in conjunction with Single Sign On. Previously, Scan to SMB worked using a registered SMB server that used a service account's credentials to authenticate with the fileshare. No issues. Well recently we've started rolling out PrinterLogic Secure Release and converting our badge-enabled KM's to run PrinterLogic's control panel application with Single Sign On. Everything works perfectly, except for scan to SMB. I've tried every combination of credential format to try to get it to log into the fileshare with the current session credentials (the AD account tied to my badge), but it refuses to work and throws a "failed to connect to server" every time. I'm not sure if this is directly related to PrinterLogic, and the fact that the CPA changes the copier's settings to use it as a "relay server," or if I'm simply doing something stupid. Any information anyone can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Phil B.
02-13-2020, 09:09 PM
So we're having issues setting up Scan to SMB in conjunction with Single Sign On. Previously, Scan to SMB worked using a registered SMB server that used a service account's credentials to authenticate with the fileshare. No issues. Well recently we've started rolling out PrinterLogic Secure Release and converting our badge-enabled KM's to run PrinterLogic's control panel application with Single Sign On. Everything works perfectly, except for scan to SMB. I've tried every combination of credential format to try to get it to log into the fileshare with the current session credentials (the AD account tied to my badge), but it refuses to work and throws a "failed to connect to server" every time. I'm not sure if this is directly related to PrinterLogic, and the fact that the CPA changes the copier's settings to use it as a "relay server," or if I'm simply doing something stupid. Any information anyone can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

well a lot of info but not the important stuff

1) WHAT MODEL?

2) is it updated firmware for SMB2/3?

3) what server are you using for main server?

4) are you aware of SMB1 being blocked by Win 7-10 right?

teechevy703
02-13-2020, 09:27 PM
well a lot of info but not the important stuff

1) WHAT MODEL?

2) is it updated firmware for SMB2/3?

3) what server are you using for main server?

4) are you aware of SMB1 being blocked by Win 7-10 right?

Sorry that was very "user" of me lol.

1) C224e

2) That I do not know - current version is A5C10Y0-0100-GDB-M1(00) and it worked fine when single sign-on was disabled.

3) Server, as in PrinterLogic? Or Active Directory? PrinterLogic is version 19.1 (not that that's relevant here) and our AD forest is at Functional Level 2012.

4) I have read about this, but I'm not extremely well-versed on the issue. It could be that the firmware needs to be updated. But as I said, I was able to do this previously, prior to enabling SSO.

Hope this helps!

diedux
02-14-2020, 09:36 AM
Hi,
Did you enabled SSO prior CPA install?
Where do you want to store scanned docs: users Home directory or some specific shared folder? Are you sure logged in user has RW rights to that directory?

teechevy703
02-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Hi,
Did you enabled SSO prior CPA install?
Where do you want to store scanned docs: users Home directory or some specific shared folder? Are you sure logged in user has RW rights to that directory?

yes, we join the copier to AD to enable SSO prior to installing the CPA. We’re trying to send scanned docs to a specific folder on a CIFS share. And yes my user account definitely has rights to RW to said folder.

diedux
02-14-2020, 01:25 PM
yes, we join the copier to AD to enable SSO prior to installing the CPA. We’re trying to send scanned docs to a specific folder on a CIFS share. And yes my user account definitely has rights to RW to said folder.

My guess is you have already tried different destination share with different access rights...
I don't know how exactly PrinterLogic SSO works under the hood but from experience with other MPS products, I can tell that there are MFP brands that do not support SSO. That means after authentication on the device it will not let apps or native machine functions to use logged in user credentials. Luckily KM is not one of them! So if you are sure you do not have problems with device firmware, smb v2/3 support, access rights I suggest you investigate how authentication provider (in you case - CPA) provides authentication to KM platform. You can ask PrinterLogic support for help or maybe there are debug logs of some kind.

Custom Search