PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Konica Minolta Bizhub 227 paper jam before fuser

Custom Search

Khumz
02-14-2020, 10:15 AM
HI guys
I have a bizhub 227 which jams paper before it enters fuser unit, actually the paper gets shrinked right under the fuser unit. Its coming up with error code 30:03 which points to exit sensor PS3, i changed all suggested components but still get jam at the same point. But if i remove image roller the paper goes through but without anything copied of course. Anyone with suggestions please help. My client is desparate.

....Khumz

Bix
02-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Hi, so it's not easy to help you.
1. What is the printer counter?
2. What did you really replace?
3. Have you replaced/cleaned the paper dust remover unit? At 150k the manual recommends replacement. There is an incredible amount of dirt that could dirty the 2nd transfer roller and therefore jams.

Khumz
02-14-2020, 03:26 PM
I did not check the counter but it should be more than 150k. The fuser unit and the image tranfare roller were changed. This machine could copy but failing on duplex. Before i could do anything i ran five none double sided copies and it was all good. I then attempted to run one double sided copy and it jammed the paper. I opened the side cover, removed jammed paper and from there on its jamming paper below fuser unit. It is clearly showing that the paper succesfuly pass through registration assembly and gets stuck below the fuser unit, as if the fuser unit is not turning or its totally closed.
As i mentioned on my first post that if i remove image transfar roller the paper goes through without any problems at all but it will be blank of course.

Khumz
02-14-2020, 03:31 PM
Hi Bix

Yes i did clean paper dust remover

tsbservice
02-14-2020, 03:56 PM
Did you try other paper tray and size?

Khumz
02-14-2020, 04:04 PM
Yes I did. Its same problem from all trays. Paper jams at the same point.

tsbservice
02-14-2020, 04:33 PM
There must be something out of place. Is the image registration ok when you pull jammed sheet?

Khumz
02-14-2020, 05:04 PM
The image registration is fine. The paper do not get stuck at all, the moment i open the machine the paper just falls out. The lead edge of the paper will be facing the entry into the fuser unit. The paper then multi- fold the whole A4 page kind of held against the drum.44909

tsbservice
02-14-2020, 05:12 PM
Check registration sensor and it's spring.

Khumz
02-14-2020, 05:32 PM
I changed the sensor, will double check though

Khumz
02-14-2020, 07:05 PM
The registration seems to be ok and mind you this jam happens after the paper has passed it.

Bix
02-14-2020, 08:24 PM
How are the internal gears that make the 2nd transfer roller spin?

D_L_P
02-14-2020, 08:34 PM
HI guys
I have a bizhub 227 which jams paper before it enters fuser unit, actually the paper gets shrinked right under the fuser unit. Its coming up with error code 30:03 which points to exit sensor PS3, i changed all suggested components but still get jam at the same point. But if i remove image roller the paper goes through but without anything copied of course. Anyone with suggestions please help. My client is desparate.

....Khumz

I know 423 isn't the same as a 227 but I think they are similar enough this might help:

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/109435-km-423-jam-code-30-01-a.html?109435=#post518543

Khumz
02-14-2020, 09:07 PM
How are the internal gears that make the 2nd transfer roller spin?

please explain a little bit

femaster
02-15-2020, 12:37 AM
Have you removed the fuser and inspected it? Since it's obviously not getting pulled into the fuser (paper just falls out when you open the door), that is where I would start.

Maybe there is still a sheet of paper accordion jammed in the fuse entrance blocking the path. Try turning the fuser by hand and see if it will turn. If it's not turning I would expect a service error, but if one of the drive gears is broken or something, it's possible the copier sees the drive motor turning and thinks everything OK.

Khumz
02-15-2020, 04:54 AM
Hi Femaster....
The fuser unit is fine because if i remove image roller and run a copy the paper goes through the fuser unit right to the exit and both fuser unit and paper will be hot.

Khumz
02-15-2020, 05:06 AM
The image roller is driven by the image drum, so what difference does it make with or without the image roller. I mean other than pulling the paper through what other roll does it do?

femaster
02-15-2020, 07:08 PM
Hi Femaster....
The fuser unit is fine because if i remove image roller and run a copy the paper goes through the fuser unit right to the exit and both fuser unit and paper will be hot.

Sorry about that, I looked back and I apparently missed the post where you had mentioned that the fuser had been replaced and that paper does go through if you remove the transfer roller.

I was looking through the recent parts manuals and I see that the 227 has had a "refresh". There are some fairly significant parts changes in the transfer/duplex assembly and the exit assembly. I have not yet found any information as to why this was done, but perhaps the problem you are having might be due to something they have corrected in this refresh. Unfortunately, I haven't been in front of very many 227 style machines, so I haven't come across much with them and at this point I'm out of ideas.

allan
02-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Is you drum scratched on the in side? The transfer roller gets driven from the drum unit check if the contact on the gears are ok could be that its not rotating.
Found that the customers can miss form the metal guide plate on the transfer roller assy, but that will cause the drum to scratch on the far side.

Your missing something simple.

Khumz
02-15-2020, 07:47 PM
I m working on it again tomorrow morning. Yes i can see I m missing something simple. I have to figured out why it does not jam when i remove the second image transfer roller. Again before it started jamming paper it could copy but there was some uncomfortable noise when copying. But now i do not here that noise anymore which makes suspect that maybe the drum unit is not running.

tsbservice
02-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Double check that transfer roller is driven. Simple test, make some mark on it and see if mark is moving.

allan
02-15-2020, 08:05 PM
I m working on it again tomorrow morning. Yes i can see I m missing something simple. I have to figured out why it does not jam when i remove the second image transfer roller. Again before it started jamming paper it could copy but there was some uncomfortable noise when copying. But now i do not here that noise anymore which makes suspect that maybe the drum unit is not running.

Tend to agree with you, as far as i can remember without looking at one the gear that drives the transfer roller in on the drum flange.
So very possible that your drum is not turning.

Khumz
02-15-2020, 08:17 PM
I will check the drum if its turning but when i look at Drive Motor1 its spinning. Something i did passively was turn motor 1 with my hand and to my surprise it was so stiff at first then at some point it turns smooth and free.

femaster
02-15-2020, 09:02 PM
According to what I'm seeing, it is M3 that you need to spin to test the drum movement. Spin it by hand and see if the drum turns.

[1]
Main motor (M3)

[2]
Photo conductor drive gear

[3]
Photo conductor

[4]
Developing section

Khumz
02-15-2020, 09:07 PM
I wonder if these motors are serviceable......

allan
02-16-2020, 05:56 AM
I wonder if these motors are serviceable......

Not really. Had one that i fixed by changing one of the coil driver FET chips out.
But they are real tough so will not blame the motor first, and they will produce an error code if they return a lock signal.

Khumz
02-27-2020, 06:07 PM
I managed to sort out Bizhub error 227. Thanks to all your contributions, i really appreciate to be in this forum.

Now i have another problem, Ricoh MP2553SP ERROR CODE SC554-00. I changed thermistors and heat roller but the problem persist. If i try to access SP Mode it kicks me out before i finish punching in access code '' clear mode,107,stop keys. The machine beeps and display something about jobs pending. When i try key SP Mode access keys as it display error message all keys dont respond.

tsbservice
02-27-2020, 06:34 PM
I managed to sort out Bizhub error 227. Thanks to all your contributions, i really appreciate to be in this forum.

Now i have another problem, Ricoh MP2553SP ERROR CODE SC554-00. I changed thermistors and heat roller but the problem persist. If i try to access SP Mode it kicks me out before i finish punching in access code '' clear mode,107,stop keys. The machine beeps and display something about jobs pending. When i try key SP Mode access keys as it display error message all keys dont respond.

1. What about posting resolution of your problem?
2. Why to not start a NEW thread in proper Ricoh forum?

You're walking on slim edge, better correct it before someone with less latitude give you bad reputation aka red card.

allan
02-27-2020, 06:34 PM

Post a new thread in the Ricoh forum switch machine off and unplug network cable and fax make sure there is no TX or RX at the time. Only KM here.
What was the solution to the problem?

Phil B.
02-27-2020, 06:41 PM
According to what I'm seeing, it is M3 that you need to spin to test the drum movement. Spin it by hand and see if the drum turns.

[1]
Main motor (M3)

[2]
Photo conductor drive gear

[3]
Photo conductor

[4]
Developing section

easier test mark the drum in non-image area. open n close door see if mark on drum moves.

Phil B.
02-27-2020, 06:43 PM

we have specific forums for each brand... keep the KM posts in KM and Ricoh in it's own forum.

then go read the forum rules.

Khumz
02-27-2020, 09:50 PM
Resolved: A spring that connects the developer was bent off position completely, in shot there was no power to the developer unit. Thanks for all your inputs.

antone
07-19-2021, 06:02 PM
Resolved: A spring that connects the developer was bent off position completely, in shot there was no power to the developer unit. Thanks for all your inputs.Vvvvvvvvvvvvvg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Custom Search