PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 368e smearing

Custom Search

Gina82
02-14-2020, 03:09 PM
I have a bizhub 368e that creates a smear on the first copy only, after the first copy none of the other images have this issue only the very first copy of each job. If I run a job right after it won't happen, only when I let it sit idle for a few minutes and then try again. I've taken the laser unit out and cleaned it, I've checked the drums for wear on the drum but saw none and I have checked the transfer belt to see if there was any wear but I didn't see anything. Ideas?

Bix
02-14-2020, 03:16 PM
Hey, it could be simpler than expected (but expensive!). In fact, it is likely that you will have to replace it.

458e image quality black stripe (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/142055-458e-image-quality-black-stripe.html)

Your stain seems to come from the fuser. This for me is a known problem in the 8e series which, oddly enough, already at just 200-250k starts to have problems with strips coming from the fuser roller.

If you turn it manually and you look at the surface of the fuser roller, you will notice some signs. If you leave it like this, toner build-up will increase and the streak will soon become more noticeable.

Gina82
02-14-2020, 03:32 PM
Any idea why it only does it on the first copy and no other?

Bix
02-14-2020, 08:21 PM
Because it probably cleans itself after a cycle and remains dirty in the end. It may be that by increasing the fuser temperature, this problem disappears. Do you use all OEM?

Gina82
02-14-2020, 08:54 PM
Yes, I use all OEM parts and it doesn't look like there are any dents or creases in the fusing unit. In fact, it actually just stopped, I went away for about an hour and gave it time to sit and re tried it and the copies look totally fine. It's driving me crazy, the parts seem fine but I know something is causing it and I don't want it to come back later

tsbservice
02-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Give us total counter and parts life list to start with. Indeed it looks like fuser mark.

blackcat4866
02-15-2020, 01:26 AM
I think it looks like a mustache.

Take a look at the primary transfer belt. If you get a puncture or wrinkle in the belt it will fill with toner while passing the primary transfer cleaner leaving you a "mustache" that appears approximately once every 4 pages.
=^..^=

jwai
05-13-2021, 05:45 PM
I have similar issue on 368e also.
It occurred on first print, ONLY on first copy and 1st paper tray, 2nd to 4th trays and bypass OK.
I got several pages of first copy on 1st tray, and the smear hold on fixed position.
Checked drum, transfer unit are all good.

still not fix this case.....

blackcat4866
05-14-2021, 01:14 AM
Sample? =^..^=

jwai
05-14-2021, 12:48 PM
Sample? =^..^=

Please check the attached document, thanks

Woxner
05-14-2021, 06:39 PM
There is firmware for this issue. You also have to change a dip switch as well. Problem only happens after it sits.

blazebusiness
05-15-2021, 12:38 AM
I have a bizhub 368e that creates a smear on the first copy only, after the first copy none of the other images have this issue only the very first copy of each job. If I run a job right after it won't happen, only when I let it sit idle for a few minutes and then try again. I've taken the laser unit out and cleaned it, I've checked the drums for wear on the drum but saw none and I have checked the transfer belt to see if there was any wear but I didn't see anything. Ideas?

Ditto on the transfer belt unit-----I would check the belt surface for imperfections. Fuser would be my second suspect. Inspect the ITB belt. Then, you could even inspect the ITB cleaner unit and blade.

jwai
05-15-2021, 05:07 AM
There is firmware for this issue. You also have to change a dip switch as well. Problem only happens after it sits.

Now the firmware is G00-11
Which dipSW need to be changed?

Synthohol
05-15-2021, 12:54 PM
thats the oldest FW out there.
X4 is the latest.

Gift
07-01-2022, 11:02 AM
Can anyone add some feedback about the findings? A tech of mine is currently dealing with exactly the same symptome like the sample in the first post. Guess we should swap the fuser.

copyman
07-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Can anyone add some feedback about the findings? A tech of mine is currently dealing with exactly the same symptome like the sample in the first post. Guess we should swap the fuser.

Look at woxner's answer above. replacing the transfer belt or fuser for "first page only" defects is not the answer. It's more the fuser unit sitting idle not maintaining the temp to fuse the toner properly, especially if using aftermartket toner! Once the first print is out the temp is back up to normal and then prints will be fine.

Gina82
07-01-2022, 02:30 PM
We updated the firmware. That was the fix for this issue.

Gift
07-01-2022, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info - well we went with the fuser. I've checked the service history and all stuff like firmware, drum, ITB has been updated/renewed during the last 12 months. The total counter was almost 280k - another topic indicated that it's pretty common that the fuser (especially the inital ones) won't last long.

I think my tech arrived last minute so there was no chance to test things - we'll see if the customer calls again :D:Dnext week

Gina82
07-01-2022, 03:28 PM
Yeah, ours was only around 100k when it started. After updating firmware, no problems since. Machine just now has 250k on it and running like a champ ever since.

copyman
07-01-2022, 06:15 PM
We updated the firmware. That was the fix for this issue.

Thanks for following up with that info.

Hard to believe fusers would crap out that soon. The "8" series fusers are same as the "4" series and unless they changed something I've gotten 500k+ out of the "4" series fusers. Only issues I've seen with these fusers are noise from the bearings. Very reliable for a fuser without a cleaning or web roller.

I also rebuild the bad fusers (belt, roller, bearings) and they are performing as good or better as OEM.

Gift
07-04-2022, 09:17 AM
Our customer just called in the same problem (of course) :(

Next step would be the ITB...

Gift
07-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Our customer just called in the same problem (of course) :(

Next step would be the ITB...

Feedback: It probably was the ITB - image defect looked EXACTLY like the sample in the first post

Probably because we decided to swap the drum, too ;):p

Custom Search