PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever seen this before?

Custom Search

progoffice
02-14-2020, 07:48 PM
I'm currently troubleshooting a strange issue on a Muratec MFX-C5590 (Konica Minolta C558). Please see the attached sample. Copies are fine, print jobs from the User Box are fine, meter counts are fine, management lists are fine, gradation prints are fine, but network print jobs have lines, demo page has lines and configuration page has lines. I've never seen this before. I can restart the machine and things go back to normal, but the issue comes back. Hotline seems to think it's the MFP board, but I wanted to see if anywhere here has been down this road before.

emujo2
02-14-2020, 08:13 PM
Image processiing for scanned images is done separatly from the print processing, however the image procssing board controls both. I would start here, but it's gonna be a big $$$ as everything is done on the main board. E

D_L_P
02-14-2020, 08:23 PM
Not seen that exact pattern before, but have had similar issue. Remove the RAM, clean it with alcohol, and reseat it. If that doesn't work try replacing the memory.
I've seen RAM cause diagonal lines similar to what you have. Another time it looked like snow/static on an old TV, but just in random places on the page, and then only from internal prints. Copies and regular prints were fine.

tsbservice
02-14-2020, 09:06 PM
This is very interesting. Never seen pattern like this but run full diagnostic and start from there. Unfortunately as Ed said it's gonna be expensive, my guess is also MFPB.

blackcat4866
02-15-2020, 01:44 AM
I have seen something like this from a bizhub C353. It was ONLY the bird test sheet. All other functions were normal. Since it was so narrowly limited I never looked more fully into it. =^..^=

Copier repairman
02-15-2020, 05:55 PM
This is a bad internal memory of the MFP board.
Frequent repairs.
Entering into service mode If self-diagnosis is executed, NG is generated in work1.

progoffice
02-15-2020, 08:19 PM
Frequent repairs.
Entering into service mode If self-diagnosis is executed, NG is generated in work1.

I ran the self-diagnosis, but everything came back OK. I'm leaning towards replacing the MFP board.

Copier repairman
02-16-2020, 03:08 PM
Frequent repairs.

progoffice
02-16-2020, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the pics copier repairman. Did your issue correct itself with a machine restart like mine does? The pattern I’m seeing looks a little different but similar in nature. I think we’ll start with the MFP board as others have also recommended.

tec
02-16-2020, 08:47 PM
Remove the dual scan image processing board at test, had similar and was ok when DSIP board was removed.

allan
02-16-2020, 08:55 PM
Frequent repairs.

Do you just re-flow the solder on the RAM chips or do you replace them?

Zesti
02-17-2020, 05:53 AM
Have had some kind of issues on C451-C452 series machines, some one above mentioned the internal RAM and I recon the same. But replacing the MFPB seems logical and you can try on the replacing the RAMS later....;)

progoffice
02-20-2020, 09:18 PM
I replaced the MFPB today. I won't know for a while if this fixed my issue or not. As of now, things are printing fine.

Copier repairman
02-29-2020, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE = allan; 1280555] RAM 칩에 솔더를 리플 로우하거나 교체합니까? [/ QUOTE]
Repaired by replacing the ram chip.

progoffice
03-10-2020, 10:29 PM
So the customer called back today and reported the same issue. I'll stop by tomorrow to confirm, but any other things you guys can think of that I can check on while I'm there? MFP board has already been replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Zesti
03-13-2020, 09:46 AM
So the customer called back today and reported the same issue. I'll stop by tomorrow to confirm, but any other things you guys can think of that I can check on while I'm there? MFP board has already been replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Any update about problem...

progoffice
03-13-2020, 02:41 PM
The last thing I did was move the copier to another location in the same room. I had a similar thing happen to me on a different machine at a different location where the same problem presented itself even after replacing the machine. I'm basically trying to eliminate the install site from being the issue, whether it be power or network related. Waiting to hear back from the customer and will report back.

Synaux
03-15-2020, 04:42 AM
I'm currently troubleshooting a strange issue on a Muratec MFX-C5590 (Konica Minolta C558). Please see the attached sample. Copies are fine, print jobs from the User Box are fine, meter counts are fine, management lists are fine, gradation prints are fine, but network print jobs have lines, demo page has lines and configuration page has lines. I've never seen this before. I can restart the machine and things go back to normal, but the issue comes back. Hotline seems to think it's the MFP board, but I wanted to see if anywhere here has been down this road before.
Wow, I do not know the data-flow, but this has to be an I/O issue:
Network, demo and config only glitching is odd--are you [or should ask can you--no idea] on this model print the demo/config through web interface? Using a network command seems to be the only possible common denominator... ¿
This just gave me a headache... also RAM (as noted), Firmware, or bad cabling? Also unset/set any options this machine has?

Lync
10-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Just thought I'd link this post to mine with my solution. It ended up being the dual scan board. When this was replaced the issue was resolved. (It was a suggestion from Konica Minolta)

(C458 not C448)
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/151492-c448-printing-coloured-lines-marks.html#post1580233

Custom Search