PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub 454e detects high toner density by TCR sensor - Error code C2558

Custom Search

Takhnamishvili
02-15-2020, 06:30 AM
Hello guys,

I have a problem with high toner density detected wrongly by TCR sensor. Machine displays error code C2558, I checked T/C ration in service mode>level history 1 and it showed 9.5 - 10% which is of course very high. For first I changed dev. unit, performed stabilization, checked TC ratio again and it showed same, changed toner bottle with new one, swapped front board (FRB), swapped PRCB but with no success. I tried to print test patterns with 255 bit coverage to down T/C ratio manually, after printing 40-50 sheets T/C ratio came to normal value ~6% but density of printouts became very very low. So what's going on: machine detects high toner density wrongly, when printing high coverage sheets the TC ratio comes to normal value but actually density becomes very low. The next step what I did: swapped HV unit, swapped erase lamp, swapped IDC sensor, swapped drum unit, cleared all data from service mode, upgraded firmware but still got no result. Any ideas please?

Max
02-15-2020, 09:12 AM
Replace all units that out of Life. Do a reset via usb software and then set up as a new copier. If that fails use it as a door stop.

copyman
02-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Replace all units that out of Life. Do a reset via usb software and then set up as a new copier. If that fails use it as a door stop.

Disagree this machine should be used for a door stop. This is a great model that runs without any service calls. As the other poster said replace "any" other consumable over life, transfers belt etc. Also did you use new "genuine" developer unit?

I would put brand NEW drum in so it resets voltages, etc then run 11x17 half tones until you get the level to around 7%.

Takhnamishvili
02-15-2020, 05:21 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm using genuine spare parts and consumables. Do you have any other opinions besides installing new consumables and parts? I'm asking because I'm sure it will not solve problem and we will just spend money. :||

tsbservice
02-15-2020, 05:51 PM
You may have to replace sub hopper unit - A61DR70711.

Phil B.
02-15-2020, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm using genuine spare parts and consumables. Do you have any other opinions besides installing new consumables and parts? I'm asking because I'm sure it will not solve problem and we will just spend money. :||

WELL let's see.. two known reliable techs have told you the same thing ( besides the door stop comment )

and you don't think their advise is correct?

why did you come here for help then? Clearly you have a wider expanse of knowledge than the two that responded (even tho they have a 72 & 22 rep power, to your rep power of 2 :confused: and have been working in the industry for about 10 years?)

I'm sorry in most cases a 2-10year tech is just starting out. Once you get 16 + years in the industry you have learned a few more tricks and have developed a better understanding of the product.

just my 2 pennies
BTW 31+ years under my belt FYI

allan
02-15-2020, 07:09 PM
If you reset the developer unit it reads the TCR value and sets that to 6.5%

So if you chip and install a under-toned devtank it will be under-toned at 6.5%
Same if it was over-toned.

The starter developer was premixed in the factory to 6.5%.
This compensate for variances in the TCR sensor sensitivity.
Then when reset by the current that blows the fuse on the TCR chip the machine mixes the tank for a minute or two and then takes a reading.

Also if the developer in the tank is low the amount of toner the machine adds becomes to much for the volume of developer left and you get C2558.

allan
02-15-2020, 07:14 PM

Dude why do you want to do that?
Fixing 2557 2558 errors are so easy if know the theory.
If reset chips are to expensive just change the fuse on the existing chip.
That is if you can use a soldering iron on something a 1/4 of the size of a rice grain.

copyman
02-15-2020, 07:20 PM

I gave you my opinion after working on 100's of this model. And have the same issue you describe at least 50 times. So dude you do what you want and gurantee it will cost you more in the long run.

By the way you have been added to my "not grateful list" and will never receive my help again!

Best of luck

Takhnamishvili
02-15-2020, 08:08 PM
WELL let's see.. two known reliable techs have told you the same thing ( besides the door stop comment )

and you don't think their advise is correct?

why did you come here for help then? Clearly you have a wider expanse of knowledge than the two that responded (even tho they have a 72 & 22 rep power, to your rep power of 2 :confused: and have been working in the industry for about 10 years?)

I'm sorry in most cases a 2-10year tech is just starting out. Once you get 16 + years in the industry you have learned a few more tricks and have developed a better understanding of the product.

just my 2 pennies
BTW 31+ years under my belt FYI

I gave you my opinion after working on 100's of this model. And have the same issue you describe at least 50 times. So dude you do what you want and gurantee it will cost you more in the long run.

By the way you have beed added to my "not grateful list" and will never receive my help again!

Best of luck

Hey guys, don't take offence at me please. I'm not here for a long time, because of it I don't know what means Rep Power and so on. Of course every opinion and advice is grateful and important, as mine (I think so) so if I asked for more advises it does not mean that I don't respect you.

About working experience, I can tell that my "about 10 years" experience overcame other's 15-20 years experience many times. So working experience is nothing without logical thinking. Thanks for your time and forgive me if I offended someone of you...

allan
02-16-2020, 05:39 AM
To the trick is if its over-toned detone it then reset it. Its frustrating even with 255 half-tones the error will pop up a couple of times before you got the toner out.
Then when the density looks ok, reset the tank.
Under-toned is easier just add small amounts of toner until the density is ok and then reset.
Then use the TCR level setting under image control to fine tune.

Takhnamishvili
02-16-2020, 07:50 AM
To the trick is if its over-toned detone it then reset it. Its frustrating even with 255 half-tones the error will pop up a couple of times before you got the toner out.
Then when the density looks ok, reset the tank.
Under-toned is easier just add small amounts of toner until the density is ok and then reset.
Then use the TCR level setting under image control to fine tune.

Thank you for detailed explanation. I will try everything tomorrow and write here outcome.

Don N.
02-18-2020, 04:34 AM
I agree the fix is to get the density into a good range and chip the dv unit.
Sure replace the drum unless:
1) you know it's not past yield AND
2) can verify it works fine in another machine or color position (by swapping a color chip).

What bothers me is no-one seems to know why this high TCR level happens.
Customers can run machines low and cause C2557, toner hoppers can have blockage or need bushing, but what causes them to go high (C2558) when TB, K drum & DV units are good?
Anyone?

Takhnamishvili
02-26-2020, 08:13 PM
Hello guys, I replaced Dev. Unit with new one and problem solved. Thanks to Copyman, he blocked me because of some misunderstanding, but anyway thanks to him and to all of you for your suggestions!

Synaux
02-27-2020, 03:24 AM
Hello guys, I replaced Dev. Unit with new one and problem solved. Thanks to Copyman, he blocked me because of some misunderstanding, but anyway thanks to him and to all of you for your suggestions!

I am glad you got it sorted out by using the advise given. Some of the guys here get frustrated because there are so many members (often new) ask, but do not listen.

copyman
02-27-2020, 04:35 AM
Glad it worked out for you.

Custom Search