PDA

View Full Version : logical format problem - bizhub c454e

Custom Search

levan
02-15-2020, 10:58 AM
I changed HDD on my c454e. Physically formatted new HDD (HDD is same size) and turned off machine. When i turn on there was a message "reset the encryption passphrase or format the hdd". I did encryption passphrase and restart. There was message again "reset the encryption passphrase or format the hdd". That is why I decided to format it logically. I start logical format and after 2 hour there is still 0%.
Please help me, What I did wrong?

jwai
02-15-2020, 11:13 AM
On my experience, just only take logical format with a new HDD.

copyman
02-15-2020, 12:48 PM
I have seen that before. Think I googled it and found the solution to get rid of message. If I remember correctly the google search brought me back to this forum where the procedure was. Perhaps google it or search this forum.

Synthohol
02-15-2020, 01:16 PM
boot up, enter admin mode and it will ask to format there on the screen. say yes.

levan
02-15-2020, 01:22 PM
boot up, enter admin mode and it will ask to format there on the screen. say yes.
I did, I start logical format but there is still 0%.

levan
02-15-2020, 01:25 PM
I have seen that before. Think I googled it and found the solution to get rid of message. If I remember correctly the google search brought me back to this forum where the procedure was. Perhaps google it or search this forum.
I tried, but nothing found

copier tech
02-15-2020, 01:38 PM
I tried, but nothing found

Was this HDD new or used?

Sound like a faulty HDD. Fit it into a USB caddy & do a scan in Windows.

Synthohol
02-15-2020, 02:25 PM
a colleague just ran into this, run a clear all data in initialization in svc mode, then it will format after a reboot.
then movie data then restore address book if needed

femaster
02-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Not sure if this will help you.

Also came across this bit of information:

Perform a physical format of the HDD.
1. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
2. Touch [State Confirmation] -> [Memory / HDD Adj.] -> [HDD Format].
3. Touch [Physical Format].
4. Press the Start key to start the physical format.
5. It stops automatically when the physical format completed.
IMPORTANT

If [HDD Encryption Setting] is not set to "ON," when the physical format is completed and the main power switch is turned OFF/ON, a message that prompts you to set an encrypting word is displayed.
If you perform [HDD Encryption Setting], after setting an encrypting word, perform the logical format.

6. Touch [Logical Format].
7. Press the Start key to start the logical format.
8. It stops automatically when the logical format completed.
9. Turn OFF the main power switch; and then turn it ON after waiting more than 10 seconds.

blackcat4866
02-16-2020, 12:32 AM
The only thing that I can add is that there is a selection during the Encryption Password procedure that's not intuitive. I've had to repeat the procedure a couple times to figure out the correct choice. Sorry that I don't remember the exact wrong selection, but I've done it a couple times. =^..^=

allan
02-16-2020, 05:50 AM
If you don't need HDD encryption just switch it off under security setting under administrator settings.

Custom Search