PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Kyocera Cloning Data

Custom Search

Leebs14
02-17-2020, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

How do I clone the information from a M5526 to another M5526?

Ropariva
02-17-2020, 09:43 AM
Hi all,

How do I clone the information from a M5526 to another M5526?

Use KM Net Viewer. Have both devices on the network
Add both devices and include the Admin password or half the data won’t transfer. Go to the device you want to clone to. Click Advanced and select Multiple devices. Choose the device you want to clone from. Tick all the boxes. Go! Easy when you have done it hundreds of times. If you’ve not used KMNV before have a read of the manual. Might help.

diedux
02-17-2020, 05:08 PM
Hi,
Rapavia provided possibly the best way for cloning settings. Another way is using service mode and USB flash drive formatted in FAT. It should be U917 R/W Bkup Data.

One side note when you copy (not clonning) all or some settings with Kyo NetViewer. If you copy network settings when source device has Static IP, IP address won't be copied to a destination device but netmask and gateway will. This way you can easily lose access to a device if the source and destination devices are on different subnets. On the last step you before actual import you have possibility to configure source device settings.

Good luck.

phil5687
11-20-2022, 11:30 AM
Use KM Net Viewer. Have both devices on the network
Add both devices and include the Admin password or half the data won’t transfer. Go to the device you want to clone to. Click Advanced and select Multiple devices. Choose the device you want to clone from. Tick all the boxes. Go! Easy when you have done it hundreds of times. If you’ve not used KMNV before have a read of the manual. Might help.

Hi,
Rapavia provided possibly the best way for cloning settings. Another way is using service mode and USB flash drive formatted in FAT. It should be U917 R/W Bkup Data.

One side note when you copy (not clonning) all or some settings with Kyo NetViewer. If you copy network settings when source device has Static IP, IP address won't be copied to a destination device but netmask and gateway will. This way you can easily lose access to a device if the source and destination devices are on different subnets. On the last step you before actual import you have possibility to configure source device settings.

Good luck.

Thank you for the steps to save settings to a file
However, I tried using last Net Viewer v5.5.2227.17 (edit: and now 6.4.0822)
If I select only one setting to backup, I can save to an xml file
But, when I select multiple options, it prompts to save to a zip file, and it shows "Copying settings to file finished with errors"
The details shows success for all items, but the created zip file is empty

So, it seems it fails to add downloaded file to the zip file. I tried saving to different locations, without success

Is there a way to fix this ?

Thank you and best regards

tmaged
11-20-2022, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the steps to save settings to a file
However, I tried using last Net Viewer v5.5.2227.17 (edit: and now 6.4.0822)
If I select only one setting to backup, I can save to an xml file
But, when I select multiple options, it prompts to save to a zip file, and it shows "Copying settings to file finished with errors"
The details shows success for all items, but the created zip file is empty

So, it seems it fails to add downloaded file to the zip file. I tried saving to different locations, without success

Is there a way to fix this ?

Thank you and best regards

Use MM917 if moving to the same model, use the setup tool if it's a different model.

phil5687
11-20-2022, 09:14 PM
Use MM917 if moving to the same model, use the setup tool if it's a different model.
I am talking about backup to file
It is the m6635cidn model
I installed Net Viewer using setup tool
However, it is only able to export one setting to xml, not many to a zip file.
Is this a common issue ?

tmaged
11-20-2022, 09:24 PM
What are you trying to accomplish ?

phil5687
11-20-2022, 09:58 PM
What are you trying to accomplish ?
I am trying to follow the guide to save printer settings to a file, like explained in this thread and in official google How To's:
How to guides for KYOCERA Devices - KNV - Device - Copy settings from a device and save to a file (https://sites.google.com/view/howtoguidesforkyoceraprinters/how-to-use-kyocera-netviewer/knv-device-copy-settings-from-a-device-and-save-to-a-file?authuser=0)

That is, if I have to reset the printer, I can restore config without much trouble
It is ok to do it setting by setting, but I don't get why the zip file creation fails in multiple settings backup

Custom Search