PDA

View Full Version : Xerox Buying HP

Custom Search

JR2ALTA
02-17-2020, 11:45 PM
Apparently, HP has rejected bids to be bought out by Xerox but Xerox is now attempting a "hostile takeover". HP-Xerox is a throwback to old Americana like Sears and Craftsman. But I really don't like either brand and I hope they both jump off a cliff together.

Bix
03-03-2020, 09:37 AM
HP and HP Printing are already two completely separate companies. Which Xerox company is trying to buy? In the field of printers they have made a big contribution in innovation

fshead
03-25-2020, 05:22 PM
AS I have not touched a HP printer since the 4200/4300 b/w series I cant say much with hands on opinion.
But i did start out repairing HP laserjet 1s way way back in the day and if i am correct they were more of a CANON offshoot..
To me Canon buying them made more sense........

Phil B.
03-25-2020, 05:29 PM
this would be as bad as HP taking over Samsux.

fshead
03-25-2020, 06:39 PM
i dont see it as xeroid is barely staying in the TEENS with stock price.
It takes money to buy any company and a stock that was once 120 to 163 dollars
cant afford to make risky moves..

Hose1cook
03-25-2020, 10:05 PM
AS I have not touched a HP printer since the 4200/4300 b/w series I cant say much with hands on opinion.
But i did start out repairing HP laserjet 1s way way back in the day and if i am correct they were more of a CANON offshoot..
To me Canon buying them made more sense........

According to the book Bill and Dave (Hewlett and Packard) in 1983 Canon wanted to find a partner company to sell the first Canon Laser Printer, the LBP-CX, a few companies turned them down until HP made a deal with them. When Canon gave HP the next model for testing (Lasejet II) HP changed Canon's original engine to the all in one cartridge, which HP invented, the rest is history.

SalesServiceGuy
03-26-2020, 12:48 AM
I suspect with the wild stock market swings due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, Merger & Acquisitions are far down the list of important activities these days.

Xerox is now fully engaged in servicing the Healthcare sector with both hardware and software solutions. It is repurposing its large empty spaces to house Corona Virus patients and is retooling factories to produce high demand medical equipment and supplies.

Watch the Executive Vice President of Xerox USA describe what they are doing.

YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De5cZ_wA1aI&t=21s)

Custom Search