PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Bizhub C224

Custom Search

RoArbt
02-18-2020, 09:34 AM
Hi i have a problem with our Bizhub C224.
See Files attached.

It was initally only with cyan but now it black is making problems too.
i tried:
changeing toner, cyan drum, black drum, cleaning laser with tool, cleaning the transfer roll thats visible when opening the side.

any ideas what it could be?

Bix
02-18-2020, 09:38 AM
Original toner? Counter? Original consumables?

occus
02-18-2020, 09:44 AM
It looks like diagonal stripes (area without toner) thats should be a problem from the DV Units. The problem is well known.
Have a look on the old drum on the corona mesh are full of toner dust.

Replace drum and dv or pull out dv with a strong magnet out of a toner und fill it up. But replace the drum anyway!

RoArbt
02-18-2020, 09:49 AM
toner and drums are rebuilds. the company name is ampertec.
see attachment for counters. it was bought used.

Gaffers01
02-18-2020, 10:12 AM
Go into service mode and print C-M-Y and K Halftone test prints at 180 to see a better view of the issue.

I'll be honest the black Consumable list just looks like damp paper:confused:

But the colour print looks like a Developer issue as previously said, print the above test prints and let us have a look.

RoArbt
02-18-2020, 12:39 PM
thank you all for your help so far. i have problems getting into the service menu. i ordered a black developer unit and will write new infos when its build in.

zoool
02-18-2020, 01:38 PM
thank you all for your help so far. i have problems getting into the service menu. i ordered a black developer unit and will write new infos when its build in.

you dont have developer i units. refill developer to units and change drums for orginal. drums is your problem. u can use used developer form c203 or newest machines. this is only for check.

tsbservice
02-18-2020, 06:47 PM
It looks like diagonal stripes (area without toner) thats should be a problem from the DV Units. The problem is well known.
Have a look on the old drum on the corona mesh are full of toner dust.

Replace drum and dv or pull out dv with a strong magnet out of a toner und fill it up. But replace the drum anyway!

you dont have developer i units. refill developer to units and change drums for orginal. drums is your problem. u can use used developer form c203 or newest machines. this is only for check.
Agree with above two posts. Developer is lost most likely due to drums life overdue. Without access to service mode you are just asking for more pain.

mga
02-18-2020, 07:35 PM
It's the dev units if pcu has been chipped the charge could pull dev into waste box

D_L_P
02-18-2020, 08:27 PM
Hi i have a problem with our Bizhub C224.
See Files attached.

It was initally only with cyan but now it black is making problems too.
i tried:
changeing toner, cyan drum, black drum, cleaning laser with tool, cleaning the transfer roll thats visible when opening the side.

any ideas what it could be?

I'll second the damp paper assessment. If you've tried different paper and since it happens on more than 1 color I'd be checking the transfer belt/roller.

Load normal paper in bypass. Set it as heavy paper 1. If the quality improves it is your 2nd transfer roller, the one on the door you cleaned. In my experience cleaning those usually did nothing.

copyman
02-19-2020, 02:05 AM
The black developer dumped. Most likely from overlife or crap aftermarket toners or drums! You can try and recover the black developer unit but not easy. Personally I would put a "New Genuine" K drum & developer unit in and be done with it. Otherwise you will be a dog chasing their tail in a circle!

Reed
02-19-2020, 02:10 AM
I agree change Developing units an drums. At least the black drum and Developer are fairly cheap

copyman
02-19-2020, 03:50 AM
I agree change Developing units an drums. At least the black drum and Developer are fairly cheap

And as most know you can use K drums in place of color with chip change. Use all genuine K drums. And if you look around on this forum you may find where I posted procedure to turn black DV unit to color. Don't really want to post it again.

RoArbt
02-19-2020, 10:25 AM
thank you all for replying. sorry for the delay in my answers. the delay could be even longer in the coming days.

the new developer is not here yet.
i tried different paper which was freshly sealed. loaded into the side and printed once as normal paper and once as heavy. for me there wasn't a visual difference.
we have a very dry humidity in this area. i work in the room adjacent and my hygrometer is showing 30% relative humidity.

copyman
02-19-2020, 12:39 PM
thank you all for replying. sorry for the delay in my answers. the delay could be even longer in the coming days.

the new developer is not here yet.
i tried different paper which was freshly sealed. loaded into the side and printed once as normal paper and once as heavy. for me there wasn't a visual difference.
we have a very dry humidity in this area. i work in the room adjacent and my hygrometer is showing 30% relative humidity.

It's not the paper. Seen this same thing many times and my prior posts explains how to fix. If you put a new developer unit in and still have a bad drum it will dump the new developer! ANY color bad drum can cause ANY other developer unit to dump. Most common colors to dump are cyan magenta & black. Not often with yellow for some reason. Even a bad transfer belt or HVPS can cause dev to dump but not as common as a bad drum. 99% of the time it's the drum overlife

Custom Search