PDA

View Full Version : Konica postscript tray calls

Custom Search

BHM
02-18-2020, 04:04 PM
Have a customer needing the Konica postscript tray calls. Not sure if models vary but it is for the 558e and the 4702P. KMBS support sent me the PCL PJL info but this is not what they need and support is taking too long to get back to me.

Synthohol
02-18-2020, 04:11 PM
Tray calls are pcl5 not postscript.

BHM
02-18-2020, 04:42 PM
Tray calls are pcl5 not postscript.

Question they asked was that they were using the postscript driver and need the tray calls. Let me follow up with the customer...

Thanks

tsbservice
02-18-2020, 05:12 PM
As I didn't know what tray calls mean I Googled a bit:
https://communities.efi.com/s/question/0D5f200006fgreT/can-i-run-a-postscript-file-for-a-konica-1250-2250-printer-with-tray-calls-i-have-the-ppd-files-from-konica-but-when-i-create-a-postscript-file-using-tray-1-or-2-the-commands-seem-to-be-ignored?language=es

blackcat4866
02-19-2020, 12:48 AM
My guess is that your customer has a home-made application or maybe a DOS based application that outputs PostScript print data. Unfortunately their application doesn't know how to choose a paper tray or paper size.

I think your customer probably wants to prepend PJL page size or tray selection data. My recommendation is that you wait for Konica Minolta to figure this out for you.

My experience with something like this was a huge can of worms, taking over a month to resolve to anyone's satisfaction. I was completely surprised to be successful. My advice is to step back and let KM handle it.
=^..^=

Custom Search