PDA

View Full Version : Scan with path exploring on the display

Custom Search

occus
02-19-2020, 10:12 AM
Does anyone have experience if there is a function or a embedded software to make a folder path exploring possible (folder from the server) on the bizhub display?
without setting it up beforehand? And yes the folder exists on the server.

Thank you for feedback.

Bix
02-19-2020, 11:28 AM
I hope I understand your request.
on bizhub 4/8/8e series when you create the contact from the address book, if you press "reference" you can explore the WORKGROUP folders.
On iseries this option is also available from the web browser.

diedux
02-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Does anyone have experience if there is a function or a embedded software to make a folder path exploring possible (folder from the server) on the bizhub display?
without setting it up beforehand? And yes the folder exists on the server.

Thank you for feedback.

Hi,
Yes, it possible. Did this kind of config on Sharps roughly 6 years ago with the help of Scanshare Essentials and its embedded app. Even more, you can use variables in path i.e \\fileserver\home\%loggedinusername%\scan\ and other nice stuff. I guess this software is even more comprehensive now.

occus
02-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Thank you for feedback.

The customer wants to scan and before he scans he wants to use the server folder paths(navigate to the target folder on the display) to select the scan folder and navigate trough 3-4 sub directories.
Unfortunately i don't know is this possible.

@Bix thanks for your hint but it should works without setting up the adress folders before...
The customer has many scans and the path is always different und use the same folder maybe for 1-2 times not more, so it is a lot or work only for 2 scans to store every folder.

Bix
02-19-2020, 03:03 PM
Ok now I understand. No, the printer does not have this option. What is the model? If you have a bizhub 8 series or iSeries, there is a connector on Marketplace that does exactly what your customer wants.
It's called "bizhub SMB Scan": MarketPlace (http://konicaminoltamarketplace.com/market/product/35)

rrrohan
02-20-2020, 01:00 AM
OP might be in a region that doesn't have marketplace or like my region only have access to cloud scan apps and nothing else. Good to know about 3rd party solutions. I'm guess that software costs a arm and a leg by the fact they don't list the price on web pagr

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

emujo2
02-20-2020, 04:30 PM
You can't navigate folders on demand with the native 1 touch address book features. You would need a 3rd party software like AutoStore, Scan path ect..You can use direct input and browse the available folders, but you would need to enter authentication info each time so it would be very time consuming. E

occus
02-20-2020, 05:00 PM
Ok now I understand. No, the printer does not have this option. What is the model? If you have a bizhub 8 series or iSeries, there is a connector on Marketplace that does exactly what your customer wants.
It's called "bizhub SMB Scan": MarketPlace (http://konicaminoltamarketplace.com/market/product/35)

Thats what i need on the bizhub c250i. Unfortunately i can't bring the marketplace app to work. We had not the KM Brand and Marketplace is only working on original KM Brand... but i can switch to KM with SW 10 but i think the app is not preinstalled... I tried to bring the marketplace app on the display but no chance... (no know how)
Certificate with SSL, IWS openapi, webdav, tcpsocket everything is on...

The marketplace installer allerts that the device is not compatible with iws

@emujo
Thank you for the info.
I want try the the bizhub SMB Scan app it seems to work without authentification every time?

MarketPlace (https://ch.konicaminoltamarketplace.com/market/product/35)

allan
02-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Always liked that about Ricoh machines.

emujo2
02-20-2020, 05:24 PM
I was not aware of this app so thanks for that..but I'm sure that in the settings you are configuring username password that has access to the necesary folders, similar to how 3rd party app works.. As to the market place App. You need to ensure this is actually turned on in Admin mode, and soft switch 172 is set to a 0, IWS allowed, web browser enabled. machine needs internet access to accomplish some of these items. E

occus
02-20-2020, 05:49 PM
I was not aware of this app so thanks for that..but I'm sure that in the settings you are configuring username password that has access to the necesary folders, similar to how 3rd party app works.. As to the market place App. You need to ensure this is actually turned on in Admin mode, and soft switch 172 is set to a 0, IWS allowed, web browser enabled. machine needs internet access to accomplish some of these items. E

Maybe that's the reason... SW 172 stays always on 01, i set 00 and fix and after it is again on 01... could be a brand block...

Custom Search