PDA

View Full Version : C223 Paper jam in ADF unit

Custom Search

Knut32
02-19-2020, 03:01 PM
Hello. When I try to copy multiple pages, I get a paper jam message. On the display I see the codes 21, 23, 24.
Sometimes 22. There are a few pictures in the appendix to illustrate this.

I think a roll must be exchanged. Only which one? :)

Thanks in advance.

Bix
02-19-2020, 03:07 PM
Hi, first I would try to clean them first.
There is not necessarily any worn roll. Some sensors may be dirty

Knut32
02-19-2020, 08:35 PM
First thanks for your quick answer :)

Wich sensors i should clean? Where can i find it?

orestesp
02-19-2020, 09:26 PM
First thanks for your quick answer :)

Wich sensors i should clean? Where can i find it?

Clean all the rollers on the ARDF that are accessible to you with no disassembly required with a damp paper towel. Use a compressed air can to remove paper dust from the inside of the ARDF. If the problem persists, then the pick-up, feed and separation rollers of the ARDF may need replacing.

From my experience, some originals just don't play along well with the ARDF. For example, originals that have a lot of toner where the pick-up rollers grip the paper to pull it inside the unit usually slip and cause a jam.

Finally, the only sensor that needs to be cleaned is the original size sensor, located right about at the middle of the ARDF top tray.

kenpio
02-19-2020, 09:38 PM
In the third picture, the square whole, the black patch looks a little white. Use some scotch tape and clean that out. In picture 4, that flap flips down, right before the white bar, and there is a black patch there too. Clean the paper dust off of that one too. Scotch tape is good for that.

KEN

Hansoon
02-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Hallo Knut, reinige mal die schwarze Reflexfläche in den kleinen rechteckigen Ausschnitt zwischen den beiden hinteren grauen Wälzchen in Bild #3. Diese Reflexfläche muss schön schwarz ohne Papierstaub sein damit die Maschine optisch registrieren kann wenn ein Blatt vorbei fährt. Im Bild sieht man, daß er stark verdreckt ist.

Hans

Knut32
02-21-2020, 07:46 AM
Hallo,

vielen Dank für eure Antworten bzw. Hilfe. Ich werde alles reinigen und euch dann Bescheid geben ob es geholfen hat. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

thank you for your answers and help. I will clean everything and let you know if it helped. :)

Knut32
04-01-2020, 09:49 AM
Hallo,

entschuldigt die späte Rückmeldung. Ich habe die Reflexfläche gereinigt und siehe da, er läuft wie am ersten Tag ;)
Also vielen Dank für Eure großartige Hilfe!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

sorry for the late reply. I have cleaned the reflex surface and look, it runs like on the first day. ;)
So thank you very much for your great help!

blackcat4866
04-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Congratulations on your success. =^..^=

Mr Broots
04-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Hey, just my 2 cents.. I have many of these in the field, and the best way I have found to avoid these intermittent jams(after everything is clean of course) is to set the scan rate to 600DPI, and compact PDF mode. Lock those settings in through the user settings. It slows the feeding and somewhat stabilizes the feeding. Work for me every time...

tsbservice
04-08-2020, 07:14 PM
Hey, just my 2 cents.. I have many of these in the field, and the best way I have found to avoid these intermittent jams(after everything is clean of course) is to set the scan rate to 600DPI, and compact PDF mode. Lock those settings in through the user settings. It slows the feeding and somewhat stabilizes the feeding. Work for me every time...

For scanning issues this is very good workaround, however he has had jams when making copies and cleaning rollers and sensors is right starting point.

mga
04-08-2020, 07:18 PM

If the feeder jams by changing the dpi isn't fixing the problem plus it uses to much memory

Mr Broots
04-08-2020, 07:26 PM
other things may at play of course, but you have to set the file type to COMPACT PDF

tsbservice
04-08-2020, 07:38 PM
other things may at play of course, but you have to set the file type to COMPACT PDF

Compact PDF file type settings has nothing to do with when you just make copy.

Mr Broots
04-08-2020, 07:51 PM
still slows the feeding in my experience

srvctec
04-08-2020, 08:19 PM
still slows the feeding in my experience

It might slow the feeding and sort of "fix" it but in my 31 years fixing copiers, I've never had to resort to such a "bandaid" to actually fix the problem. If it won't feed at full speed (absolutely no reason it shouldn't if actually fixed), fix the issue instead of changing settings to make it work. IMO, that is a half-assed attempt at "fixing" the machine. Just fix it right and be done with it!

Mr Broots
04-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Well, if assuming the mods have been done to the 621, i.e. document set sensor actuator(new style) has been replaced, the torque spring in the Lever assembly front and rear have been replaced, the washer mod for the top cover has been installed, and the document reading motor (M1) is tensioned correctly, and you’re still not feeding consistently, then my comment is something to try….

As for the input srvctec provided, my dad told me growing up that if you can't say something nice, find a way. He also told me that no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better. Fortunately for me, you ain't it. 31 years working copiers? You had to throw that out there...That deserves the triple U, unremarkable, unprofessional, and uninspiring. And since you brought it up, yes I've only been at it for 28 years, and yes, I only received 3 gold (7050, 7085, 950),and 2 silver seals C351, C6501, at KMBS in Conn., and only service 180 accounts. Did I mention I own the company.... Assuming you know more than someone and letting everyone know it, only makes an ass out of you.

tsbservice
04-08-2020, 10:41 PM
Well, if assuming the mods have been done to the 621, i.e. document set sensor actuator(new style) has been replaced, the torque spring in the Lever assembly front and rear have been replaced, the washer mod for the top cover has been installed, and the document reading motor (M1) is tensioned correctly, and you’re still not feeding consistently, then my comment is something to try….

As for the input srvctec provided, my dad told me growing up that if you can't say something nice, find a way. He also told me that no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better. Fortunately for me, you ain't it. 31 years working copiers? You had to throw that out there...That deserves the triple U, unremarkable, unprofessional, and uninspiring. And since you brought it up, yes I've only been at it for 28 years, and yes, I only received 3 gold (7050, 7085, 950),and 2 silver seals C351, C6501, at KMBS in Conn., and only service 180 accounts. Did I mention I own the company.... Assuming you know more than someone and letting everyone know it, only makes an ass out of you.

You're just coming here and throw a nice pile of things(crap) to consider.
Sorry but where were you with your vast knowledge on KM devices before?
Self isolating is OK nowadays but trolling across finished threads isn't mature, isn't it?

allan
04-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Hey srvtec thought about posting just about the same thing, restrained myself from it, nice to know what kind of reply i would have gotten.
To bad he did not take that advice to heart.

You can work on copiers for 3 months and still understand that its not a fix to the problem. If it can't run at 300DPI same as for copying then its pointless to try a work around.
And I do love a good work around. Compact PDF would be a post process like any other format the raw scanner data gets changed to so that will do nothing for the problem.

I like these doc feeders they are reliable and easy to get running again the only problem is that little punch scrap catcher its got underneath the first photo reflective sensor.
O another one is the mylar that guides the double sided back.

So the OP got helped here so any other suggestions ceased to help past that point.

Mr Broots
04-08-2020, 11:02 PM
yes, I’m actually really sorry I had to dump that on your thread. It just irks me since I’m pretty humble, when somebody trashes an idea if someone else is trying to use to help. Private message me with your phone number and we can talk. If you work on konicas exclusively I think I could be of help to you and my phone is always on

Custom Search