PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C554e color select option missing.

Custom Search

allan
02-19-2020, 05:28 PM
Hi guys.

Got a C554e where the color selection(auto color, full color or black) option is missing leaving a void in its place on the copy screen.
There is a yellow dot on the application button and the color selection is missing even there.
Its stuck in b/w.

Tried:
Custom display settings.
Initialize copy program data under service mode.
Looked to see if a custom patern was installed.
Tried creating user account to see if it will pop up there.
And many other things.

Any one seen and fixed this before.
Have not done firmware yet.

Customer states was there one day and gone the next...

Phil B.
02-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Hi guys.

Got a C554e where the color selection(auto color, full color or black) option is missing leaving a void in its place on the copy screen.
There is a yellow dot on the application button and the color selection is missing even there.
Its stuck in b/w.

Tried:
Custom display settings.
Initialize copy program data under service mode.
Looked to see if a custom patern was installed.
Tried creating user account to see if it will pop up there.
And many other things.

Any one seen and fixed this before.
Have not done firmware yet.

Customer states was there one day and gone the next...

allan,
Brother I would try the firmware. we all are aware how quickly it can become corrupt ..

or maybe an end user changed something and didn't admit to it (???? we all know customers NEVER do that! :rolleyes:)

tsbservice
02-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Hi allan, check your manual for 'custom pattern'. Panel may be customized by importing custom CPD file.
Nevermind, now I see that you checked that point. Maybe Clear All Data if possible

srvctec
02-20-2020, 09:22 PM
Will it actually print in color? As in, have you checked in the service mode and run color halftone test pages or the like? Also, are there any codes in memory or are any/all of the color devs or drums way past EOL?

Bix
02-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Something similar happens when there is authentication and you set up a public user. There you can limit the printer only black and white. Alternatively, there may be a dipswitch that does this. You could try a "clear all data" but if the culprit is a dipswitch, it must be identified.

I sent you a PM.

allan
02-21-2020, 03:19 PM
Will it actually print in color? As in, have you checked in the service mode and run color halftone test pages or the like? Also, are there any codes in memory or are any/all of the color devs or drums way past EOL?

Yes printing is all good no problem there. Machine has 43K on it so no EOL issues.

Something similar happens when there is authentication and you set up a public user. There you can limit the printer only black and white. Alternatively, there may be a dipswitch that does this. You could try a "clear all data" but if the culprit is a dipswitch, it must be identified.

I sent you a PM.

That is what i suspect its a setting on it i just can't find.

kingarthur
02-21-2020, 03:32 PM
try using the "Panel Customisation Tool", you might be able to "force" it back

srvctec
02-21-2020, 04:39 PM
It seems like there is a tool from KM to determine if any software switch has been changed from default. I can't remember what it's called but maybe it's only for 8 series on up as well- can't remember that either. :confused: C.R.S. is real!!

Bix
02-21-2020, 04:44 PM
It seems like there is a tool from KM to determine if any software switch has been changed from default. I can't remember what it's called but maybe it's only for 8 series on up as well- can't remember that either. :confused: C.R.S. is real!!

It is an Excel file with macros.
If you need it I have it. I've already sent it to Allan

kingarthur
02-21-2020, 04:46 PM

I never knew this existed, just found it on Infohub..... Many thanks :D

Synaux
02-23-2020, 12:36 AM
I just looked in the SM for the list of software switches (dipSW) and there isn't a list?! There is a listing for Engine FW DipSW
I swear other models had a list of switches in the SM.

Does anyone have a list of switches? The only one I recall using is 65 (2mm bleed [for c654/74]).

femaster
02-24-2020, 01:38 AM
I just looked in the SM for the list of software switches (dipSW) and there isn't a list?! There is a listing for Engine FW DipSW
I swear other models had a list of switches in the SM.

Does anyone have a list of switches? The only one I recall using is 65 (2mm bleed [for c654/74]).

I found it in the service manual, but I didn't see anything listed in there that would have an effect on your issue. It doesn't list what every switch does, so it may be one that isn't listed in the manual? Maybe the best thing to do would be to print the management list from another C554e (or similar model) that still has the color functionality showing on the screen, and compare it to the one from this machine. There is a full list of switch settings printed out in the management list. Perhaps you can find an entry that differs between the 2 and fix your issue that way.

I tried to copy and paste the switch settings into my post, but the board complained there was too many lines. Since you have a copy of the manual, the switch settings are in Section I-12.15.6.

Custom Search