PDA

View Full Version : Can I put a used SSD board from one machine into another?

Custom Search

SAR
02-20-2020, 09:59 PM
I have a Bizhub 364e doing the continuous reboot thing.
I just got an email from KM saying the SSD board I desparately need is on back order.
Can I put an SSD board from a machine we have here in the customers machine?
Are there any special steps involved to do it?
My only other option would be putting a loaner in until the SSD board arrives.

Thanks!

Synthohol
02-20-2020, 10:41 PM
can you hold down panel reset and at least get to trouble reset then service mode from there?
only because its best to hit stop 0 clear in service and backup the engine data first if it will allow you.

copyman
02-21-2020, 12:20 AM
Yes you can use ssd from another machine. As long as you only swap one thing at a time like the MFP, SSD, etc

Think there is also a SSD reset firmware that might be an option. It resets SSD then when you turn mach off and back on it pulls all the info from MFP back onto SSD.

JasonSBE
02-21-2020, 01:40 AM
I have never successfully changed a ssd board by itself unless it was sent to me from KM through a trouble ticket. One of the guys at my old office did so successfully by replacing the ssd and mfp boards at the same time from a brand new machine, but obviously that was a bad idea in the long run. The ssd firmware reset may work, but usually if the mfp is stuck in a reboot cycle it's not going to.

copyman
02-21-2020, 02:16 AM
I have never successfully changed a ssd board by itself unless it was sent to me from KM through a trouble ticket. One of the guys at my old office did so successfully by replacing the ssd and mfp boards at the same time from a brand new machine, but obviously that was a bad idea in the long run. The ssd firmware reset may work, but usually if the mfp is stuck in a reboot cycle it's not going to.

I've swapped just the ssd several times and only once it didn't work mostly C224's. It says in serv man never to swap more than item. Believe the 3rd place info is kept is the control panel. So logically speaking if you replace all three from same model it should work in another machine thinking it's the same machine, same meters, consumables etc etc. Don't think it has a small postage stamp size serial pwb like the C253, etc had. Kon/ Min can be very sneaky like that. I guess all OEM's are sneaky about some things.

Custom Search