PDA

View Full Version : Skip blank pages when scanning - softswitch needed

Custom Search

szanka
02-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Is there a soft switch setting thah will set skipping blank pages when scanning?

We've got several c458 machines with papercut and optimidoc. Papercut is for authentication and optimidoc is used for scanning (auth using SSO).

When a user is logged in we cannot go to utilites, because it is grayed out. When I turn on public user, I can set scan default, but when another user is logged in, the settings set on public are not there.

That is why I thought about soft switch. Is there such a setting?

mincopier
02-21-2020, 01:28 PM
PaperCut can also be used for Scanning. I just do not remember if it has Blank Page Removal or not. May even be better than using the machine capability as the scanning can be pushed to other machines that have PaperCut installed without setting the machine address book up every time.

szanka
02-21-2020, 01:54 PM
PaperCut can also be used for Scanning. I just do not remember if it has Blank Page Removal or not. May even be better than using the machine capability as the scanning can be pushed to other machines that have PaperCut installed without setting the machine address book up every time.

This config is for a reason and can't be changed. They have also old Canon devices that do not have papercut scanning support.

The scanning goes through Optimidoc

diedux
02-21-2020, 02:11 PM
PaperCut MF Integrated scanning can remove blank pages is you use it with Document Processing feature.
Minolta itself can remove blank pages as you stated yourself.
So if Optimidoc is "normal" software it should be able to do it by itself. Other thing you can search for is how to enable utilities button (authorization matters) for users. By default, Papercut does not block Utility button in the menu, so I guess Optimidoc is responsible for this config.

emujo2
02-21-2020, 06:25 PM
Speaking from experiance...When a 3rd party solution takes over the machine and is using the Web Browser to do so, everything you know see on the screen is controlled by the application Web Server. The screen will show only what has been configured in the Open API.. I have seen this multiple times including Autostore and Equitrac removing items like blank originals, separate scan and even the Fax Off Hook Send button. The only way to correct this is to configure a new key to accomodate the feature. When you go back in as public user, you are no longer using the application browser so you have access to the normal KM icons. E

dsmith46
02-21-2020, 10:01 PM
I would think Optimidoc has a blank page skip function, as most third party scanning software programs do. I would double check their settings, or have their IT look in to it.

Good luck!

szanka
02-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Guys you are getting off topic. Is there a solution to my problem?

@dsmith46 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/dsmith46.html)
Optimidoc does have blank skipping, but it uses OCR for that. The client has a limit on OCR, so this doesn't suit them .

diedux
02-24-2020, 10:34 AM
So how do you define other default scan parameters (duplex, PDI, BW/color)? Skip blank pages should possibly be one of them. Maybe you can grant logged in user admin rights or similar? Utilities button greyed out, have you tried work it out why it is and how to change that?
You want software SW to solve your problem. If there isn't such SW you should consider other options suggested by members.

mincopier
02-24-2020, 10:46 AM
You mentioned the other software but did not state in the original post that there was limitations of using the other software. Just mentioning, Papercut also has OCR capability so that seems a little redundant also.

Have you checked with your Konicaminolta rep? Sometimes they will have software switch solutions that are not listed in the Manual.

Did a check through the older Konicaminolta TSB's and on Konicaminolta's website. No luck.

Might be able to set the machine to have blank page removal enabled then save this as a "Program". This way they chose their one touch, Program, choose the button, recall and start. Not sure if this would be less buttons or not. As mentioned earlier this is a limitation when a third party application is being used to control user access.

szanka
02-24-2020, 11:41 AM
Some of the options are availible to set in Optimidoc:

I did ask them directly about this and I am waiting for an answer.

Custom Search