PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C360i C250i DF-714 Original Stop Position

Custom Search

Choclit007
02-21-2020, 05:51 PM
Received & unboxed these 2 units & installed DF's on them going thru the usual setup procedures.
After doing the final 4 DF auto adjustments exited & power cycled to save adjustment values.
Returned to confirm & manually tweak the Original stop position.
As I enter values through the adjustment range of -4.0 to +4.0 I am seeing no variable changes; the stop position occurs either 3mm Left or 2mm Right of where I am trying for.
i.e. -2.3 will be to the Left then -2.2 will JUMP 5mm to the Right.

I have previously setup 2 of these iSeries units with no problems.
Out of Box FW was G00-45, upgraded to G00-79, then downgraded to double-check.
Spent over an hour with KM tech support; they suggested bad df boards but really didn't find this issue in their db.
SN's of the 2 DF's are 10,000 apart btw.

I have 2 new DF's coming in to test.

Mostly just wondering if anyone else has seen this yet.

Synthohol
02-21-2020, 10:50 PM
ive had a couple i series do wonky ADF things, both were caused by the HDMI connector not fully seated in the socket because of that grounding spring that leans on the connectors exposed outer shell.
dunno how it got that way but i powered off and reseated the HDMI and my issues were solved.

hope yours is just as simple. :)

blackcat4866
02-22-2020, 02:37 AM
I used to see this sort of thing on Kyoceras all the time. Image adjustments, which we'd all like to be linear, just do not turn out to be linear. So one increment from 1.0 to 1.1 can be considerably different from the increment from 1.8 to 1.9

If there's a solution to this I am not aware of it. =^..^=

occus
03-02-2020, 09:36 PM
i.e. -2.3 will be to the Left then -2.2 will JUMP 5mm to the Right

Mostly just wondering if anyone else has seen this yet.

Yes i had the same problem on several 250i... i think it's a firmware bug. It could be that i deactivated the new function ADF automatic skew adjustment in the admin settings and after the adjustment was possible... but i'm not sure, to many bugs on this ...series

Bix
03-03-2020, 07:50 AM
ive had a couple i series do wonky ADF things, both were caused by the HDMI connector not fully seated in the socket because of that grounding spring that leans on the connectors exposed outer shell.
dunno how it got that way but i powered off and reseated the HDMI and my issues were solved.

hope yours is just as simple. :)

Too many sensitive cables pass there. Every time I fear to detach it one.

Choclit007
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
THANK YOU occus!!!

The options for ADF Skew are LOW & HIGH & HIGH is the one messing it up.
I maybe was looking through all the adjustments & switched that one.
Would explain why no one else I have talked to has seen it.

After confirming that I was getting a jump between values of -2.8 and -2.7 I changed the value to LOW and the jumped stopped & the variableness returned.
Without redoing the setup I ended up at +0.5 giving me the result I wanted.

Then I redid all the calibrations with the setup sheet & the result was bang on not needing to tweak it afterwards!!!!

Thanks again

tsbservice
03-03-2020, 09:31 PM
This option by default is High. Maybe some DFs need this to be Low due to bad FW version.
Good job occus.

Custom Search