PDA

View Full Version : Turning off EOL messages on screen? c654

Custom Search

Synaux
02-23-2020, 02:53 AM
Is it possible to turn off the warnings on the copy/scan screen the messages like L-1, L-2, L3, L4 - "PRT/IR Errors?"

The few people that notice this "error" react like they think these machines are about to spontaneously combust!

Thanks

copier tech
02-23-2020, 09:39 AM
Is it possible to turn off the warnings on the copy/scan screen the messages like L-1, L-2, L3, L4 - "PRT/IR Errors?"

The few people that notice this "error" react like they think these machines are about to spontaneously combust!

Thanks

The only way is to upgrade with the version up firmware the C654 will then behave live a C654e.

zoool
02-23-2020, 09:48 AM

Thanks

in service mode you must use combination 'stop 0 c' then go to 'life stop' and there you have everything

copier tech
02-23-2020, 09:59 AM
in service mode you must use combination 'stop 0 c' then go to 'life stop' and there you have everything

Yes but you'll still the the L-x message warnings for image units, transfer & fuser EOL.

zoool
02-23-2020, 10:07 AM
Yes but you'll still the the L-x message warnings for image units, transfer & fuser EOL.

In service manual is wrighting that you can change l-warnings
I will try it in monday on machine.

allan
02-23-2020, 02:12 PM
Just undo these switches if it has no effect. Been some time since i needed them.

Think SW51 HEX F0 is for life stop and SW55 HEX 0C is to disable on screen display.
Not sure if you need a specific firmware version.

copier tech
02-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Just undo these switches if it has no effect. Been some time since i needed them.

Think SW51 HEX F0 is for life stop and SW55 HEX 0C is to disable on screen display.
Not sure if you need a specific firmware version.

Yes these are the "life stop settings" however you'll still have the L-xx warnings.

Synaux
02-25-2020, 01:44 AM
Yes these are the "life stop settings" however you'll still have the L-xx warnings.

I think you are correct.

I will go ahead and try the switches Allen suggested by the end of the week, but I thought on these models, the switches weren't necessary. I know the cx50s needed special FW in conjunction with the switches. As noted, I already changed the stop - 0 - 9 option.

Synaux
02-25-2020, 01:48 AM
In service manual is wrighting that you can change l-warnings
I will try it in monday on machine.

I am realizing that my SM is outdated, but I couldn't find anything about these codes at all...

Synaux
02-25-2020, 01:52 AM
The only way is to upgrade with the version up firmware the C654 will then behave live a C654e.

I have heard that converting to "e" model can cause issues (but all the discussions has been very vague). Have you done this successfully/ do you recommend doing this?

copier tech
02-25-2020, 07:35 AM
I have heard that converting to "e" model can cause issues (but all the discussions has been very vague). Have you done this successfully/ do you recommend doing this?

Yes i’ve had to do this on multiple non ‘e’ models mostly for customers who had SSL issues scanning etc.

No problems at all easy to reverse should you wish.

Choclit007
02-25-2020, 05:18 PM
We are using a traded in C754 for our office machine.
FW is GBS-M0 (iOption or version Firmware UP however you want to call it) as we use GMail.
Life stop Softswitches are: 51=F0; 55=0C
S-0-C / Life Stop Settings: ALL are OFF
System2 / Unit Change / Near Life: All are set to Do Not Display

All Image Units, K drum & dev & Transfer Belt have 0% life showing
and there are NO on-screen Life messages showing

For sure the Copy Quality is bad but works fine for scanning & receiving faxes:)

Synaux
02-26-2020, 12:35 AM
We are using a traded in C754 for our office machine.
FW is GBS-M0 (iOption or version Firmware UP however you want to call it) as we use GMail.
Life stop Softswitches are: 51=F0; 55=0C
S-0-C / Life Stop Settings: ALL are OFF
System2 / Unit Change / Near Life: All are set to Do Not Display

All Image Units, K drum & dev & Transfer Belt have 0% life showing
and there are NO on-screen Life messages showing

For sure the Copy Quality is bad but works fine for scanning & receiving faxes:)

Yeah, I already had those switches and settings setup like that on two different c654s. I either forgot that I did this for the switches (somewhat unlikely), was done by the prior company that owned these (unlikely due to meter counts) OR when you change the Life Stop Settings and Near Life those switches are modified (my current theory, but did not test this).

I also tried changing the unit change in System 2 to "service" from "user" for IU/tranf belt/fuser/etc that didn't change anything (as expected). One oddity however, is that I had to do this once, exit SM, then do it again to make the change stick each time...

You need a special FW to use Gmail on these? That seems dumb being that cx50s could do Gmail without special FW

Choclit007
02-26-2020, 04:18 PM
This series of FW is installed to provide support for new TLS & SHA levels for the non "e" machines.
As far as I know Gmail & Office365 do not work without this FW (unless you decrease gmail security to use TLS 1.0)

Here is a section of the readme file announcing the changes ...
Machine: bizhub C554 Series, bizhub C364 Series, bizhub C754 Series, bizhub 754 Series
MFP firmware Ver. GB0-K8
Subject: bizhub C554/C364/C754/754 Series Version Up firmware for MIF devices Function Version7 (Version GB0-K8) (for
Web Browser (LK-101v3))
2016/02/08
5/16
2.2. Fixed issues
2.2.1. Addition of function/ Change of specifications
1. TLS1.1/1.2 is supported.

4. SHA-2 is supported.

Custom Search