PDA

View Full Version : The Black on our BizHub C351 Smears Terribly!

Custom Search

WL_Lending
10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I am an end-user & we have a BizHub C351. The black on our printout now seem to smear but only on the printed areas. Especially when a copy has black knockout lettering with a solid black box surround the knocked out white text, the black smears terribly. Anyone with any ideas?

mmru4real
10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I am an end-user & we have a BizHub C351. The black on our printout now seem to smear but only on the printed areas. Especially when a copy has black knockout lettering with a solid black box surround the knocked out white text, the black smears terribly. Anyone with any ideas?

Yeah it sounds like the fusing unit isn't fusing the toner, you should have a tech look at it!!!!

geichris
10-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Have you checked the green levers inside the right door on the fuser to see if they have slipped to the envelope position? Sounds to me like thats your problem.

WaveyDavey
10-29-2008, 12:42 AM
could just need to run autograd

WL_Lending
10-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Have you checked the green levers inside the right door on the fuser to see if they have slipped to the envelope position? Sounds to me like thats your problem. I will check this when I get back to the office later today!

WL_Lending
10-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Have you checked the green levers inside the right door on the fuser to see if they have slipped to the envelope position? Sounds to me like thats your problem.
Where exactly are these green levers on the fuser. I see blue levers on these rollers and have readjusted and secured. Prints have not improved.

dogsbody
10-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Where exactly are these green levers on the fuser. I see blue levers on these rollers and have readjusted and secured. Prints have not improved.

I think they are refering to c250/252/352 which have envelope levers to alter fuser pressure, they are not on a c351.

If you print a nice big bold heading and it repeats across the page then yes probably fuser, the toner also may rub off.

About the only thing I recommend you as an end user can do is to clean the LED's underneath the image unit with the suppled tool and pads in the front door. If that doesn't help (it probably wont) it will probably be the image unit or 2nd Transfer.

This is something that a half decent tech will probably diagnose in about 20min's. These machines look simple with all thier easy replaced units but they are quite complex machines. A tech will be money well spent (if you don't have a service agreement) to get it fixed quickly.

Cheers.

onabike
10-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Sounds like non OEM toner too me. I do not know anyone who has successfully used such for any period of time. The initial savings are minimal compared to the expense of needed repairs.:mad::mad:

WL_Lending
10-31-2008, 06:05 PM
Sounds like non OEM toner too me. I do not know anyone who has successfully used such for any period of time. The initial savings are minimal compared to the expense of needed repairs.:mad::mad:

You are right! The black was on a non-OEM toner and then prints became smeared. We have since purchased & reinstalled KM OEM toner. Have we ruined our machine? Sigh.....

WaveyDavey
10-31-2008, 06:07 PM
not the machine but probably the image unit

WL_Lending
10-31-2008, 06:12 PM
About the only thing I recommend you as an end user can do is to clean the LED's underneath the image unit with the suppled tool and pads in the front door. If that doesn't help (it probably wont) it will probably be the image unit or 2nd Transfer.
Cheers.

I have been searching archived posts and others have recommended the same. I see the cleaning pads that are attached to the front door when you open it and have pulled out the BLACK IU. Are these LED's on the left or right bottom under the IU I took out? And, do I just run the pad over them to clean?

Also, can anyone recommend a tech in the San Francisco, CA? I have called 2 companies and both have told me that KM reclaimed the service market a few years back and now control parts distribution to their techs only. No one can provide service as they cannot obtain parts.

Maybe I don't have a choice...

dogsbody
10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
the LED runs fron to back inthe machine underneat the Image Unit. You will see a small post before the LED begins, be careful not to knock the post too hard becuse you do not want that coming loose.

Cheers.

onabike
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Run a few hundred 50% coverage black prints You must expend the rest of the bad toner B4 the OEM will be added. Or just get a new Black IU. In the future stay with the right toner.

WL_Lending
11-03-2008, 06:45 PM
the LED runs fron to back inthe machine underneat the Image Unit. You will see a small post before the LED begins, be careful not to knock the post too hard becuse you do not want that coming loose.

Cheers.

Thanks dogsbody. I'll try this today!

Custom Search