PDA

View Full Version : C280 ADRF Skew + Machine thinks magenta toner bottle is full

Custom Search

orestesp
02-25-2020, 06:28 PM
Greetings,

I have run into some minor problems with our newly acquired bizhub C280.

The first being that the ADRF introduces a skew (see .pdf file attached). Without wanting to prejudice you, something could have wiggled out of its proper position, because the moving company did a rather poor job at transporting the machine. It also occasionally jams while the sheet is being pulled halfway through into the ARDF. The rollers have been cleaned and probably aren't the cause of the problem since the copy+scan count of the machine is well below 120,000. Is this just a matter of adjusting the skew as outlined by the manual?

Now to the main issue; Although the magenta toner bottle is basically empty, the machine thinks that the bottle is full. There is still magenta toner in the hopper, but at a lesser quantity compared to the quantity in C,Y and K, since the bottle is empty. The only offending colour here is magenta, all the other readings for the rest of the colours are accurate. Could this be a glitch that e.g. a firmware update might fix?

I am not terribly familiar yet with this machine, so sorry if the fixes to these problems are somewhat obvious.

Thanks in advance.

orestesp
02-25-2020, 06:39 PM
Forgot to add: The total counter on the machine is 130,000.

tsbservice
02-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Hi orestesp,
As for DF, redo install instructions setup. Anyone who attempt to move machine naturally tends to grab and push on DF. Some techs are exception ;)
Secondly, run magenta gradation pattern or halftone pattern until machine asks for toner, check TCR M Level for abnormal readings.

Choclit007
02-25-2020, 07:59 PM
What FW version do you have?
FW GZZ-D1 corrects some toner reset issues.

It's possible that the toner may reset to full if you pull the bottle out & reinsert it as well. I try to only check bottles when the power is off to avoid that.

[After reviewing the installation procedure]
Lift up the DF; on the left underside pull the flap open & check for dust buildup in the middle - on the black patch. Make sure it is clean & also the photosensor.
While you have the flap open look at the white idle rollers & the clear mylar sheet at each side of the rollers.
Some where between 50K & 100K scans the ends of the white rollers will wear thru mylars guides & cause jams.
There is a modified mylar sheet now but it's more of a pain to change than to trim the ends.
I suspect that unless the df was used for lots of scanning the count should still be low enough that it is not yet an issue.

copier addict
02-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Greetings,

I have run into some minor problems with our newly acquired bizhub C280.

The first being that the ADRF introduces a skew (see .pdf file attached). Without wanting to prejudice you, something could have wiggled out of its proper position, because the moving company did a rather poor job at transporting the machine. It also occasionally jams while the sheet is being pulled halfway through into the ARDF. The rollers have been cleaned and probably aren't the cause of the problem since the copy+scan count of the machine is well below 120,000. Is this just a matter of adjusting the skew as outlined by the manual?

Now to the main issue; Although the magenta toner bottle is basically empty, the machine thinks that the bottle is full. There is still magenta toner in the hopper, but at a lesser quantity compared to the quantity in C,Y and K, since the bottle is empty. The only offending colour here is magenta, all the other readings for the rest of the colours are accurate. Could this be a glitch that e.g. a firmware update might fix?

I am not terribly familiar yet with this machine, so sorry if the fixes to these problems are somewhat obvious.

Thanks in advance.

Just leave the empty magenta toner in the machine and use as normal. Eventually it will call for toner, then install a new bottle. Opening and closing the front door will reset the toner bar graph.
As for the DF. Do you get skew when you scan from the glass? If so, gently lift on the front left corner of the scanner bed and that will straighten it out. If no skew from the glass, go through the installation procedures as stated by others.

orestesp
02-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Hi orestesp,
As for DF, redo install instructions setup. Anyone who attempt to move machine naturally tends to grab and push on DF. Some techs are exception ;)
Secondly, run magenta gradation pattern or halftone pattern until machine asks for toner, check TCR M Level for abnormal readings.

What FW version do you have?
FW GZZ-D1 corrects some toner reset issues.

It's possible that the toner may reset to full if you pull the bottle out & reinsert it as well. I try to only check bottles when the power is off to avoid that.

[After reviewing the installation procedure]
Lift up the DF; on the left underside pull the flap open & check for dust buildup in the middle - on the black patch. Make sure it is clean & also the photosensor.
While you have the flap open look at the white idle rollers & the clear mylar sheet at each side of the rollers.
Some where between 50K & 100K scans the ends of the white rollers will wear thru mylars guides & cause jams.
There is a modified mylar sheet now but it's more of a pain to change than to trim the ends.
I suspect that unless the df was used for lots of scanning the count should still be low enough that it is not yet an issue.

Just leave the empty magenta toner in the machine and use as normal. Eventually it will call for toner, then install a new bottle. Opening and closing the front door will reset the toner bar graph.
As for the DF. Do you get skew when you scan from the glass? If so, gently lift on the front left corner of the scanner bed and that will straighten it out. If no skew from the glass, go through the installation procedures as stated by others.

I finally found some time to work on the bizhub.

Updating the firmware to the latest available version didn't change anything, guess I'll just run it till the TCR sensor does its thing.

As for the skew, I managed to improve the skew on the ARDF, but turns out there's also skew when scanning from the glass. I've attached 2 scans, one scanned from the ARDF and one scanned from the glass. I took of the ARDF and then re-installed it on the machine following the installation manual for it. Finally, lifting the front left corner of the scanner bed didn't seem to change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Custom Search