PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C368 fuser noise

Custom Search

Bix
02-25-2020, 07:23 PM
Hi guys, here I am asking you for advice.
I have a bizhub C368 with a noise that I think comes from the fuser. It seems to me a metallic friction. I tried using grease for the gears but it didn't help much. The noise is heard more when there is a print in progress, during the heating phases it is milder.

https://youtu.be/qEQwUn4WIng
However, the fuser has only 100k but I have read some problems on this series. The material of the bearing (Non-supply part) holding the heating roller in the Fusing Unit 230V has been changed from "PPS + GF" to "PPS".

I will order a new fuser but maybe some of you know a trick.

Thanks in advance!

copier addict
02-25-2020, 08:52 PM
Hi guys, here I am asking you for advice.
I have a bizhub C368 with a noise that I think comes from the fuser. It seems to me a metallic friction. I tried using grease for the gears but it didn't help much. The noise is heard more when there is a print in progress, during the heating phases it is milder.

https://youtu.be/qEQwUn4WIng
However, the fuser has only 100k but I have read some problems on this series. The material of the bearing (Non-supply part) holding the heating roller in the Fusing Unit 230V has been changed from "PPS + GF" to "PPS".

I will order a new fuser but maybe some of you know a trick.

Thanks in advance!

There is a bulletin concerning this noise. You are correct, it has to do with bearings.
The easiest thing to do is claim it on the YPP (yield protection program) and just get it replaced. The warranty is pro-rated based on the number of pages through it. Print the management list and counter list.

Synthohol
02-25-2020, 10:30 PM
I've been just using a couple drops of tru-flo oil in all 4 bearings and the 2 bushings for the oil roller and the noise goes away after 100 pages.
The trick is to drip it in while the bearings are hot. You see it soak right in and makes a big difference.
If that won't work then yes I replace the fuser under YPP.

Bix
02-27-2020, 06:36 PM
Hello guys,
here is an update: I replaced the fuser and apparently the problem seemed to be solved. After 5 minutes, the noise reappeared.
So, unfortunately, it is not the fuser but it has to do with it. The creak is heard for a second as soon as the fuser starts heating when it is about to print and during the printing phase. I also tried to fatten the two gears:

With a Load Check I was able to find the squeak by setting "45 - 1". It starts the M3 motor, the fusing motor.
But I have not been able to understand where to try to lubricate to make the noise disappear or if I should replace the piece.
Any suggestions? Thank you guys :D

tsbservice
02-27-2020, 06:43 PM
Hmmm Bix, two fusers in a row. Unlikely I think. Could you test fusers in another machine?

Bix
02-27-2020, 08:03 PM
Hi tsbservice, thanks for your feedback!
Unfortunately, I have no way of trying it on other MFPs right now.
The bizhub C308 has only about 100k, but a fuser that failed earlier than expected has happened to me several times so I replaced it with a new one that also has a new code with improvements. The noise is the same and at the same point, so I don't think the second new fuser is also defective.

tsbservice
02-27-2020, 08:35 PM
Sorry Bix if I was unclear. My feelings are also that root cause of the noise is this machine alone.
Maybe slightly bend fuser bed during machine production.

K-3
02-27-2020, 09:21 PM
if it has the same drive assembly as the "e" series you will need to access that and check the bushing for wear or the clutches.

Bix
02-27-2020, 09:22 PM
Any advice for me is gold, thank you my friend!
Yes, it is very likely that it is a printer problem. I have followed this since the day of installation and only now it has started to give this problem.

Being a metallic problem, lubrication is very likely to be sufficient. I just have to understand where but unfortunately it is always annoying to disassemble an MFP that works and only has a noise

@K-3 do you mean the group that spins the fuser gear?thx

K-3
02-27-2020, 09:35 PM
yes on the "e" series it is a pain to get the assembly out, but have had bushing and clutches make squealing noise, just follow the manual or try and get lubrication to that unit.

popup2u
02-27-2020, 10:08 PM
If you take the fusing unit out do you see any rust like dust in the corners or on the gears?

Bix
02-27-2020, 10:11 PM
If you take the fusing unit out do you see any rust like dust in the corners or on the gears?

No, the first fuser has no signs of wear or rust. The second is not because it is new.:o

popup2u
02-27-2020, 10:16 PM
Alright. I ask because I had a fusing unit make a squealing noise similar in the video but when I took it out there was rust colored dust in the corner. Turned out that the bushing had pop out of its cavity and was letting the shaft rub against the the cavity hole.

Bix
02-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. In which corner do you mean?
Thanks again!

popup2u
02-28-2020, 01:58 PM
It was on the right side mainly, on the gears, if you turn the fusing unit on its right side some should fall from out of the unit itself, and in the back corners of where the fusing unit sits, but be careful because it DOES NOT like to come out of clothes

BluaboardTwice
02-28-2020, 02:09 PM
I would recommend doing a low check on the fusing motor with the door open. I've seen at times noise is actually coming from Gears on the opposit side of the fuse or on the door . Specifically the paper exit white gear sometimes is loose

BluaboardTwice
02-28-2020, 02:28 PM
I would recommend doing a low check on the fusing motor with the door open. I've seen at times noise is actually coming from Gears on the opposit side of the fuse or on the door . Specifically the paper exit white gear sometimes is loose
Also since you Already checked the fusing unit you may want to examine the RU in the rear corner. Which also is known to make screeching noises.

Bix
02-28-2020, 05:58 PM
It was on the right side mainly, on the gears, if you turn the fusing unit on its right side some should fall from out of the unit itself, and in the back corners of where the fusing unit sits, but be careful because it DOES NOT like to come out of clothes
If I don't get it wrong, are you talking about these? Thank you
I tried to put fuser grease without success. Some have reported noise problems to me in the past but sometimes it resolves itself. For the moment it has suddenly appeared. My suspicion is that it comes from some clutch/gear from the Fusing Drive Section. But to get into that area, it's very complicated

Also since you Already checked the fusing unit you may want to examine the RU in the rear corner. Which also is known to make screeching noises.
Do you mean the paper exit unit? I had a case on a bizhub 458e but it doesn't seem the same noise to me. Furthermore, the noise seems to be present even when the rollers of the paper exit unit do not turn but the printer is warming up. Thank you!

occus
03-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Take out the 4 black passiv rollers after the fuser and put grease on the center. Also the passiv rollers on the door. These plastic rollers can squeek like "metall friction" I had many of these..

allan
03-02-2020, 11:01 PM
Will possibly become time for inevitable if you can't find it in the paper path or on the door to dig in from the back covers.

avecosat
03-03-2020, 08:54 AM
I had to change two or three times CL6 for noise in 4series

MVPunisher
03-04-2020, 05:45 PM
I have a lot of these in the field. I have dealt with fuser noise on several of them. Majority of the time it is fuser related. A handful of times it has been fuser drive related. In that case I just replace the drive unit as a whole. It may seem lazy but if I'm going that far in , I'm not taking chances. It was a nightmare at first but now I have it down to about 1-1.5 hour job total. Not too bad.

This may be a coincidence but I have had very good luck diagnosing this using the following procedure.

Run 45-1 load check to run fuser....run 45-1 in both pressure and retracted states (45-6 and 45-7) When the fuser is the culprit the noise will appear in both conditions.

When the culprit is the "fuser drive" the 45-1 noise only happens in one of the 2 conditions (45-6 or 45-7, I honestly cant remember which one) but point is if its noisy in both its fuser, when it goes away from changing conditions its drive.

I have only had like 3 drive units be the issue so that could be a coincidence.... but all 3 had that exact symptom in load check. If anyone else runs into it let me know if I am correct.

tsbservice
03-04-2020, 07:50 PM
I have a lot of these in the field. I have dealt with fuser noise on several of them. Majority of the time it is fuser related. A handful of times it has been fuser drive related. In that case I just replace the drive unit as a whole. It may seem lazy but if I'm going that far in , I'm not taking chances. It was a nightmare at first but now I have it down to about 1-1.5 hour job total. Not too bad.

This may be a coincidence but I have had very good luck diagnosing this using the following procedure.

Run 45-1 load check to run fuser....run 45-1 in both pressure and retracted states (45-6 and 45-7) When the fuser is the culprit the noise will appear in both conditions.

When the culprit is the "fuser drive" the 45-1 noise only happens in one of the 2 conditions (45-6 or 45-7, I honestly cant remember which one) but point is if its noisy in both its fuser, when it goes away from changing conditions its drive.

I have only had like 3 drive units be the issue so that could be a coincidence.... but all 3 had that exact symptom in load check. If anyone else runs into it let me know if I am correct.

Very useful information, Thanks MVP.

copier tech
03-04-2020, 09:13 PM

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Bix
03-05-2020, 07:52 AM
Excellent experience, thanks MVP!

Custom Search