PDA

View Full Version : Biz C308 Admin and Service Password

Custom Search

Zastawa
02-27-2020, 03:41 PM
Hello, I just got dropped into Biz C308 with unknown Admin and Service Passwords. Knowing Konicas, I am up the creek without a paddle...
Does any one know of a way the reset either password to foctory settings?

tsbservice
02-27-2020, 03:51 PM
I think if you have MKM account, you can issue reset code through LMS and input it on the machine. There is procedure atleast cuz I haven't done it yet.

Phil B.
02-27-2020, 03:55 PM
I think if you have MKM account, you can issue reset code through LMS and input it on the machine. There is procedure atleast cuz I haven't done it yet.

tsb...

isn't that info in the service manual?

Zastawa
02-27-2020, 04:01 PM
Don't have a Konica account. Machine is located in a local Church. Looking for a charitable soul that can help.

avecosat
02-27-2020, 04:01 PM
When you are in service mode then press stop + C will see a code for reset service password in infohub service license after that in service mode you can change the admin password .

tsbservice
02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
tsb...

isn't that info in the service manual?
Not in this case Phil :)

Phil B.
02-27-2020, 04:09 PM

well seeing how that type info gets spread around, I can understand to a point why they would do it but.. kinda silly IMHO>

thanks for letting me know Brother!

Zastawa
02-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Can't get in to service mode....don't have the password, factory defult doesn't work.

copier tech
02-27-2020, 05:07 PM
Can't get in to service mode....don't have the password, factory defult doesn't work.

Your only option is to call Konica to get a rest code.

Or if you know the previous owner/copier company who maintained the machine contact them.

Zastawa
02-27-2020, 05:12 PM
Thank you. I was afraid of that. Are the reset codes machine specific?

Synthohol
02-27-2020, 06:07 PM
did you try 9272 twice instead of 4 times?

emujo2
02-27-2020, 06:09 PM
I would call the dealer that sold you this and have them reset the device. Once you've lost or forgotten the CE password you are can't do much of anything. I think an SSD board might correct this, but you can't get them w/o a tech opening a ticket. E

Zastawa
02-27-2020, 07:19 PM
did you try 9272 twice instead of 4 times?
Yes I did.

Synaux
02-27-2020, 08:24 PM
Yes I did.

What about 12345678 once both for admin and SM, I change mine (because the defaults are just unnecessary).

But yeah.. everything else has pretty much all been said. I would contact whoever the Church got this from and give them the what for, because eventually it will become nothing more than parts or a boat anchor. Depending on the time frame of the purchase, the church could consider legal action?

If all that fails, go watch the film Pi to induce a mind-numbing-aneurysm in the endeavor of finding the mathematical name of God.

makutzi
02-28-2020, 08:00 AM
What about 12345678 once both for admin and SM, I change mine (because the defaults are just unnecessary).

But yeah.. everything else has pretty much all been said. I would contact whoever the Church got this from and give them the what for, because eventually it will become nothing more than parts or a boat anchor. Depending on the time frame of the purchase, the church could consider legal action?

If all that fails, go watch the film Pi to induce a mind-numbing-aneurysm in the endeavor of finding the mathematical name of God.

Sorry, not related to the actual priblem just the comment made...Love the last paragraph - I should try that with my Xerox machine...

Custom Search