PDA

View Full Version : C360 drum replacement gradation

Custom Search

John Kaufmann
02-28-2020, 04:32 AM
After replacing K drum on a C360, I went to do the stabilization and gradation adjustment, but could not complete it because it wanted to choose from A3 or A4 paper. But it's a US machine, with 8.5x11" and 8.5x14" and 11x17" paper loaded, and Marketing Area is set to US. So I could not figure out why it's asking for metric paper sizes, and I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Synaux
02-28-2020, 05:26 AM
After replacing K drum on a C360, I went to do the stabilization and gradation adjustment, but could not complete it because it wanted to choose from A3 or A4 paper. But it's a US machine, with 8.5x11" and 8.5x14" and 11x17" paper loaded, and Marketing Area is set to US. So I could not figure out why it's asking for metric paper sizes, and I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Hmmm...tried all trays? Maybe fiddle with paper tray settings in user settings?

John Kaufmann
02-28-2020, 06:02 AM
Hmmm...tried all trays? Maybe fiddle with paper tray settings in user settings?
Paper tray settings are accurate. So you think it might be a matter of the trays not being tucked up to the paper? - all four? That seems unlikely, but I will try to swing by that office tomorrow to check.

Netghost56
02-28-2020, 03:07 PM
Is it only asking for A3/4 in Service Mode? I have had to back out and load paper in MP tray, set it to Letter, then go back to the Gradation Adjust in service mode. Don't know why.

John Kaufmann
02-28-2020, 07:03 PM
Is it only asking for A3/4 in Service Mode? I have had to back out and load paper in MP tray, set it to Letter, then go back to the Gradation Adjust in service mode. Don't know why.
No, you are absolutely right: That was my last job (at the end of a 13-hr day) and I just was not seeing clearly. i went by that office today and found that the selection boxes said "A3 / 11x17" and "A4 / 8.5x11"; last night I just was not seeing the numbers in the boxes below the lines.

So the problem was not that it was looking for metric paper sizes. But still today I could not get it to respond: selecting either paper size, or Print or Copy, just drew the invalid-selection beep. That was true even using the bypass tray, and regardless what paper size I put in the bypass tray. So, although it's printing OK, I will go back to that office again next week, because I'm still not seeing something (something obvious, I'm sure).

Synaux
02-28-2020, 07:06 PM

Letter? Isn't that only half the print? :P

Netghost56
02-28-2020, 10:49 PM
Letter? Isn't that only half the print? :P

oh yeah lol. I got my jobs mixed up XD

srvctec
03-04-2020, 09:51 PM
No, you are absolutely right: That was my last job (at the end of a 13-hr day) and I just was not seeing clearly. i went by that office today and found that the selection boxes said "A3 / 11x17" and "A4 / 8.5x11"; last night I just was not seeing the numbers in the boxes below the lines.

So the problem was not that it was looking for metric paper sizes. But still today I could not get it to respond: selecting either paper size, or Print or Copy, just drew the invalid-selection beep. That was true even using the bypass tray, and regardless what paper size I put in the bypass tray. So, although it's printing OK, I will go back to that office again next week, because I'm still not seeing something (something obvious, I'm sure).

Sounds like paper type might be set to something other than plain.

John Kaufmann
03-05-2020, 01:52 AM
Interesting suggestion. Thanks. I don't think that is the case, but will stop by that office tomorrow to confirm. If that is the case, I will be embarrassed - but will post back either way. [Fortunately, the new drum was electrically close enough to the old drum that there is no obvious sign of adjustment needed.]

John Kaufmann
03-05-2020, 01:57 AM
Interesting suggestion. Thanks. I don't think that is the case, but will stop by that office tomorrow to confirm. If that is the case, I will be embarrassed - but will post back either way.

[Fortunately, the new drum was electrically close enough to the old drum that there is no obvious sign of adjustment needed. Corollary: despite the machine's insistence, the old drum probably did not need to be replaced, but that's another old story ...]

Custom Search