PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent 1-1.5 inch Vertical Black Bars on Kyocera 8003i

Custom Search

al4nw31
02-28-2020, 10:24 PM
Hi,

I can't seem to figure out why this copier is creating 1-1.5inch vertical black bars across pages intermittently. Could it be due to a low voltage problem? There is a power conditioner, but I'm fairly certain that only helps with power surges and out-of-phase issues.

It generally happens once every 200-1000 pages. The copier tech that I was working with has already replaced the entire printing assembly, and it still creates such problems.

Thanks!

femaster
02-29-2020, 12:31 AM
Wrong area. You'll probably get better responses in the Kyocera forum...

Phil B.
02-29-2020, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I can't seem to figure out why this copier is creating 1-1.5inch vertical black bars across pages intermittently. Could it be due to a low voltage problem? There is a power conditioner, but I'm fairly certain that only helps with power surges and out-of-phase issues.

It generally happens once every 200-1000 pages. The copier tech that I was working with has already replaced the entire printing assembly, and it still creates such problems.

Thanks!

as mentioned wrong forum..

please review forum menu structure

also

read forum rules and FAQ's

Synaux
02-29-2020, 03:06 AM
For some reason this is not a sticky pinned to the top https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

(https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules)**Edit** and w.t.* the "forum rules" in green on the top of the forum works now... I swear it wouldn't work earlier today... http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.png

blackcat4866
02-29-2020, 06:25 PM
The term "vertical" might be meaningful if prints & copies exited vertically, or if we knew if your original documents were landscape or portrait, or if we knew if you were feeding copy paper SEF (short edge feed: short edge fed in) or LEF (long edge feed: long edge fed in). But since we don't know any of those things, perhaps you could attach a few samples with an arrow drawn on indicating the direction that the paper fed out.

=^..^=

al4nw31
03-04-2020, 12:52 AM
Sorry about that. The lines are perpendicular with the feed. I am actually fairly certain it's a low-voltage issue because it seems only to happen when load is applied to the circuit under very rare circumstances. Thanks so much guys, and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

J-Tin
06-13-2020, 04:02 AM
Hi,

Thanks!

In my experience these are caused by transfer belt units, and less often caused by drum drive unit. I've seen this 7 times on the series prior. 6 times transfer belt fixed it, once it was the drum drive. A fellow tech also had a drum drive resolve this issue. Something to do with the voltage it seemed.

What resolved yours? New power conditioner or different outlet?

Custom Search