PDA

View Full Version : Turn off drawer 4 C550

Custom Search

jeremyb503
03-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Greetings all. KM C550. Was moved to new location yesterday, and now the machine is complaining that drawer 4 is not properly closed, when it clearly is.

Before we order a new drawer (the drawer was not secured properly, and it cam out of the machine in transit, presumably it has been damaged in a not obvious way), we need to get the machine up and running. In the past we have bypassed drawers on these units, but for the life of me I cannot find the setting in service mode.

Any thoughts?

Synthohol
03-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Isn't there unit isolation in service mode?
That's an absolute dinosaur so I don't remember.

jeremyb503
03-03-2020, 09:50 PM
There is a trouble isolation switch in the service menu, but it does not seem to be doing anthing.

EarthKmTech
03-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Disabling the bottom 2 trays on these engines still to this day can be an issue. Because the complete paper feed unit and its sensors come out (disconnect) with the tray. If no connection is made to these you cant be assured of consistent operation even with the tray disabled. It may hiccup exiting power save for example.

Fyi, some useless knowledge for the day (as these havent been supported in my country for years now) but the c552 bottom tray complete feed units can be installed and work in the older c550 series if you need new ones.

Synthohol
03-03-2020, 10:32 PM
touch set for tray 4 then touch decision. reboot and tray 4 wont be recognized.
honestly it sounds like the tray "set" connector behind the tray may be wonked.

emujo2
03-04-2020, 01:35 PM
This would be "self Isolation" and it would only be caused by a trouble code, not "shut the drawer message". If it can be isolated it would need to be done through service mode. E

Synaux
03-04-2020, 05:28 PM
There is a trouble isolation switch in the service menu, but it does not seem to be doing anthing.

Could it be as simple as you are not pressing the "apply" button in that screen after making a change then restarting the main power??

Custom Search