PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C10 paper jam

Custom Search

ligurt
03-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Hallo, I'm new here and this forum is said to be the right place to solve an issue. That said this is the issue. An old Konica Minolta Bizhub C10 give the paper jam advice and suggest to open the front cover. I did it, but no paper jammed inside anywhere. What could it be related to?
Thanks
Pietro (Berghem)

Phil B.
03-03-2020, 11:00 PM
Hallo, I'm new here and this forum is said to be the right place to solve an issue. That said this is the issue. An old Konica Minolta Bizhub C10 give the paper jam advice and suggest to open the front cover. I did it, but no paper jammed inside anywhere. What could it be related to?
Thanks
Pietro (Berghem)

I take it you are an end user/owner.

How many pages to PM parts?

have the PM's been done properly and on time?

have you cleaned the feed/transport rollers?

what is the jam code?

is machine clean inside?

can you upload a PDF scan of the error code list?

what size paper does it think it should be printing on?

what paper size/weight is in the trays?

PhilB. "The Dentist"

ligurt
03-03-2020, 11:32 PM
I take it you are an end user/owner.

How many pages to PM parts?

have the PM's been done properly and on time?

have you cleaned the feed/transport rollers?

what is the jam code?

is machine clean inside?

can you upload a PDF scan of the error code list?

what size paper does it think it should be printing on?

what paper size/weight is in the trays?

PhilB. "The Dentist"

Thanks Phil, to the first supposition yes, yes the machine is clear everywhere, A4 240 grams paper in the tray, no jam code at all, It doesn't print anything, as soon as you turn it on it starts the set up and towards the end of the procedure it turns on the orange light, the orange flash signal and shows the paper jam with no code. I already isolated the solenoid. I did it some times ago stripping the machine. It worked properly for some monthes then it started making some difficulties to set up asking to open the front cover repeatedly, and finally it stopped working. maybe the solenoid is sticking again? If yes what's the best procedure to isolate it definitely?

Synthohol
03-04-2020, 04:41 AM
have you tried regular 75gsm paper?
if the take-up roller is worn or embedded with dust it will slip causing a jam when the paper didnt even move.
make a pen mark on the roller and see if it moves when it jams.
if it does not try to spin then its usuallyclutch/solenoid/drive/one way needle bearings.
if it smears on the paper its likely just worn/dirty.

ligurt
03-04-2020, 01:28 PM
have you tried regular 75gsm paper?
if the take-up roller is worn or embedded with dust it will slip causing a jam when the paper didnt even move.
make a pen mark on the roller and see if it moves when it jams.
if it does not try to spin then its usuallyclutch/solenoid/drive/one way needle bearings.
if it smears on the paper its likely just worn/dirty.

It doesn't move at all!

Synthohol
03-04-2020, 01:49 PM
does the roller have a one way bearing built in?
may be time to remove some covers and watch the operation.

ligurt
03-04-2020, 03:04 PM
does the roller have a one way bearing built in?
may be time to remove some covers and watch the operation.

Did it this morning (it's 4p.m. here in coronavirus Lombardy region...). Once I turn it on no solenoid in the right panel start moving nor the m1 motor. Seems to be something related to sensor/s operatinge before the m1 motor start to turn.

jwai
03-04-2020, 04:48 PM
Did it this morning (it's 4p.m. here in coronavirus Lombardy region...). Once I turn it on no solenoid in the right panel start moving nor the m1 motor. Seems to be something related to sensor/s operatinge before the m1 motor start to turn.

the half-circle feed roller is installed on a shaft, first check this mechanism can turn or not ( see it through the tray using flashlight )
it control by a solenoid that place on lower right side of machine.

ligurt
03-04-2020, 07:24 PM
the half-circle feed roller is installed on a shaft, first check this mechanism can turn or not ( see it through the tray using flashlight )
it control by a solenoid that place on lower right side of machine.

I have already checked this morning the half-circle roller doesn't turn. The solenoid was modified long time ago with a new different thin felt and insulating tape. I repeat nothing turns except for the drum. I have a file of the noise it produces turning up, but it'sa an invalide file for the post.

Bix
03-05-2020, 01:56 PM
Try to turn the rollers with your hand. Clean with alchool

ligurt
03-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Try to turn the rollers with your hand. Clean with alchool
I'll do tomorrow in the morning, in any case remember it say "paper jam".
I'llbe back to you.
Thank you

Custom Search